chapter 7

Chapter 7:

Shanza}

Voices stung in my ears loud noises, whispering, shouting, doors closing, and, gunshots. Screams, running through the corridors, the pain and restlessness sinking. my eyes shot open at a sound, the nightmares they weren't regular, and not this terrifying at all. I just wanted to calm down my heartbeat, taking deep breaths, I rolled my eyes to the window pane which was now open. Which was odd because all my windows are advised to be shut down before I sleep. Pulling off the blanket I turned to the right, the lights in the back hall were shut off, darkening the whole room. Only some rays of light from the other rooms were making their way here. Sitting up I rolled my hair up, tightening the gown around the waist, my legs hanging from the side of the bed, closing my eyes I put my hand above my heart to calm down the heartbeat.

I stood up to leave the room and went straight to the balcony, the night was dark and inviting calling upon the cursed ones into its arms and calming the ones who were asleep. The guards stood there watching my small form, restless, and unable to sleep again, they knew how many nights I had just spent here in the dark sill fearing it, or maybe I should say still hoping to fight the light I have been craving, to know how to sleep restlessly, to cry my heart out. But I never did, not now, I told myself. Gathering up my parted emotions I came to a halt.

Realization hit me, about the dreams I saw, I was supposed to write down whatever I felt, I needed to explain it to my therapist. rushing to my room again I straightened my dress, falling at the ankles and brushing the floor with its fabricated laces.

Turning on the lamp, I stared down at my hands, at the empty page, what did I see? Some sounds? someone screaming? But I never saw the face. Who was it? I tried to focus but nothing came. None of it. sighing I stood up. My mind still revolved around te deep thoughts that had been there but I was unable to acknowledge them.

Something shifted at the back, I turned my head towards the window, only to feel a gun pressed to the back of my forehead and the only thing that I could do was scream. But a muscular hand came over my mouth to silence me. Shit.

Am I dying?

Oh no.

Only if I had screamed I wouldn't be stuck alone the guards might have turned in on the spy, but I had asked abo not to allow guards to enter the room without, my permission. And that was way too foolish of me to do so.

My hand shaking up, my heart beat in a marathon, and sweat forming on my forehead and dripping down my face.

" Don't worry princess I am not going to kill you in the shadows" the voice calm and purely sinful.

"it would be unlike my style of handling" an emotion of remorse hitting the air.

Anger burned inside my veins.

He lifted the gun and pushed me to face him, his hand never leaving my mouth the hold still and steady. I brought my hands to him to yank them away but the grip only tightened, and a low voice escaped my lips.

"Now, if you maintain silence, it would be much easier". He said coolly. Meeting my eyes. my cheeks stung from the tight hold. No one had ever touched me, not even my own father had raised his voice at me, engulfing my praise to be a good princess. and this man right here had crossed his limits. his hands lifted from my face. But the gun did not remain there.

"you are crossing your line, don't you know how much time would you be kept in prison for even raising your voice at me" I state.

" and pitiful of you to point a gun at me, in my palace".