Chapter 7: Mischief Mayhem

Chihiro P.O.V

There is still an hour before everyone else wakes up to get ready for the night, thus Lin and herself are able to quietly get around the bathhouse unseen. However they have to be quiet, for Haku apparently has a keen sense of hearing even in sleep, though if that is true, she wonders how he puts up with the noise of the rowdy bathhouse, or so she remembers. Feeling like deviants, they had already managed to make their way towards their first target, the bath foreman's herbal token stand.

The bathhouse has Bath Managers, also known as foreman, or in Lins case...forewoman. Lin is apparently one of two, but tonight her friend has decided that her co-foreman was going to have a bit of a shock. The plan was to make a mess of things in both subtle and non-subtle ways around the bathhouse, to cause just enough chaos to ensure that it gets Haku's attention. Also if anyone asks who she is, her name is now Chi-chan 'the new girl', the only clue that they plan to give the dragon about her identity.

She looks at the token packed stand before them, remembering the last time she was here, that very foreman had refused to give her a bath token. She looks at Lin with a questioning gaze, wondering just what she had in mind for it, however, as she watches as Lin starts mudding up the order and began swapping token boxes around, she catches on quickly. Lin looks back at her and raises an eyebrow at her.

"Well?? Are you going to stand there? or are you going to help me confuse the hell out of that damn coworker that has been a pain in my backside since I got this job??" Lin whispers slyly, and she was starting to think that there was another motive for her friend doing this, other than to help her feel better. Holding in a giggle she makes her way to Lins side and begins to place all the boxes on the right side of the stand to the left side of the stand and vice versa. After they look over their handy work, making sure it would be enough to completely mess with the other Forman, they look around and then begin to quietly sneak towards their next target.

"Heh...that damn frog is going to go ballistic when he finds out someones messed with his stand..tsk..he is completely obsessed with having things the way he wants it...no doubt he will make an immediate complaint to Haku, he always was one to complain easy..." Lin quietly snickers to herself, as they meandered through the halls of the bathhouse, until they made it to the break room, the place where many of the workers liked to hang out on their hour breaks...another addition added by the dragon upstairs. They stand just outside the door to the break room and then Lin turns to her with a curious smirk.

"You're up now Chihiro, show me what you can do with those paper thingies you have there, what are they called again?" Lins whispers curiously, eyeing the stack of ofuda that she managed to tuck away into her pant pockets.

"Heh...they are called ofuda Lin... now open the door for me and I'll show you a little of what I've learnt all these years" she whispers deviously back, already freeing one of the ofuda from the stack and began filling the paper seal with her spiritual energy. Lin continues to watch her curiously as she opens the door to the room as quietly as she could, before Lin could even ask her, she began explaining, already knowing what her spirit friend was going to ask.

"There are many types of ofuda, the one I'm filling with my spiritual energy right now, is one dedicated to protection and warding, it's often used to protect people or places from evil, from negative energies. As long as it is placed correctly, a ward or barrier should manifest itself, not letting anyone in or out, though it depends, some people might be able to get through still if they are free of negative energy, but I highly doubt many people here would be completely free of such things, work stress can cause all types of negative energies" she explains finishing up the first seal, making sure to usher Lin back into the hall before sealing it onto one corner of the door frame.