Chapter 11: Aftermath

Chihiro P.O.V

Chihiro stirs as the sound of murmurs reaching her ears, her consciousness slowly becoming more aware of her surroundings. However, that unfortunately meant becoming more aware of the fact that she could barely move a finger. Her body was as heavy as lead and her eyelids felt like they were glued together, as she could barely open her eyes.

"Look Kazu she's stirring! Should we get Mr Kohaku-sama?" she hears a young girl say, her voice seeming familiar to her. However, her brain was so foggy that she couldn't quite remember her name...Suddenly, she feels a hand on her shoulder and another familiar voice joins the young girls.

"Miss Miko-chan? Are you awake??" A boy says hopefully.

A sigh escapes her as their voices pull her further away from unconsciousness, the name 'Miko-chan' reviving the memories of the kids, the ritual...and Haku? She saw Haku didn't she??

"Miss Miko-chan? Can you hear me?" the voice she now remembers as Kazuki's asks further, the hand that she assumes is his squeezing her shoulder slightly. She tries to open her eyes again, having more luck this time since she was more awake, however everyone was blurry.

She tries to speak, but her throat felt like sandpaper, it was as if she had a severe case of the common cold, so instead of conjuring up words she coughs...By the time her coughing fit finishes, she manages to open her eyes a bit easier, her sight finally returning to her. She looks towards where she heard Kazuki's voice and to her massive relief, the boy sat by her on the bed, his blue eyes sparkling as a big relieved smile beams across his face.

As the boy hands her a glass of water, she immediately begins assessing the spirit child, her eyes landing on his thankfully, now blight free arm. As she gulps back a mouthful full of water, a small tired smile perks her lips as she surrenders to her physical and mental relief. The boy is alright...and her throat felt at least a little bit smoother.

"Miss Miko-chan you're awake! Thank the goddess! You really scared us Miss Miko-chan, you just collapsed right after the ritual! It's a good thing Mr Kohaku-sama was there, he managed to catch you in time!" Kazuki explains. That's right, Haku had caught her...she was right there in his arms, her dear dragon friend had been finally before her, yet she was too exhausted to even stay conscious for even a minute longer...so much for the perfect reunion.

"Kazuki...you're alright..thank goodness...how is-" suddenly she feels petite arms around her, immediately stealing her attention, it was hard to not notice the fluff of pitch black hair under her chin.

"Miss miko-chan we were so worried! We thought you got sick because of us!" Lexia gasps as she clings to her. She huffs a weak laugh.

"Dont you worry, I'm fine...I just used up a bit too much spiritual energy is all...with plenty of water and rest I'll be fine soon.." she croaks out hoarsely.

Partially losing her voice and a sore throat are common symptoms of using her blessed ability, as well as spirit deficiency. Though she never had it this bad before...guess this is what she signed up for when she attempted a ritual that was above her current capabilities. Lexia's now blight free face pulls back to look up at her, the girls complexion like Kazuki's has improved immensly, her twinkling black eyes looked over her in worry.

"You promise??" Lexia beseeches.

"I promise...mind helping me sit up?" Chihiro asks trying to get up with slightly renewed vigour, as she takes in the ridiculously large circular bed adorned in iridescent sea-green silk. She had been resting in such luxury?