Chapter 15: The Press

As filming ramped up, the two girls found themselves getting less and less time together. When they had breaks in filming, they naturally had to do press, especially as it was getting closer and closer to the end of filming. So when they both were brought to the same studio for a whole slew of interviews, they were nonetheless excited.

After makeup, they went to sit in their respective chairs. They were roughly a foot apart from one another but it felt like miles. All they wanted to do was to reach out to one another, to hold one another. Even if it was just hands or even pinkies. They just wanted more than anything to feel each other. Jess looked into Sadie's eyes, the two lovestruck. They were brought back into reality when the production assistant began explaining the different companies that would be interviewing them. The woman said, "First up, we'll have you doing WIRED. Sadie, you've done this before but I don't think you have Jess." Jess shifted in her chair and said, "Yep. That's correct." "Okay, well what we'll have you do is tear off each line of paper on the boards we hand you and you just answer how you'd like!" Jess said, "Awesome. Sounds easy enough!"

Soon they started rolling and Jess started. "Hi! I'm Jessie Jordyn." "And I'm Sadie Sink." Together they both said in unison, "And today we're doing the WIRED Autocomplete interview." First Sadie was handed a board. She delicately peeled off the first question. She read, "Does Sadie Sink have a sister?" She smiled and said, "Yep! My pride and joy, Jacey who actually played young me in one of the Stranger Things episodes!" She peeled the next one. "Does Sadie Sink look...pretty?" Jess leaned into the middle of the frame and said, "I'll answer that one...a big Y-E-S." Sadie laughed and blushed. "Stop, JJ!" Jess winked at her playfully and she shook her head in embarrassment.

After the next couple of questions, Jess was given her board. She read the first one. "Does Jessie Jordyn play Katie? Yes! I'll be Katie in the fifth and final season of Stranger Things, coming to you on Netflix this coming July." She peeled the next one away. "Does Jessie Jordyn have a kid?" Jess and Sadie started laughing super hard. "Well, I don't believe I do but if someone out there knows something that I don't, let me know." The next one was, "Does Jessie Jordyn like Sadie Sink? Yeah. I'd say so." She smiled at Sadie and Sadie bi her lip. The chemistry between them, screaming. Most questions were silly or straightforward. Towards the end of the video, they transitioned into frequently asked questions about Stranger Things. One of the questions had taken them both by surprise. "Does Stranger Things Max and Katie kiss?" It left them both speechless. Sadie tried to hide her panic. Finally Jess said, "Uh...we only have a month left of filming and have not discussed such a thing so Duffer brothers, if that's in the plans we got a lot to talk about." Sadie chuckled and shelved her embarrassment.

By the time the day was over, they were exhausted and headed back to their apartments. Jess dropped Sadie off and was just about to head up to her apartment when Sadie said, "Hey. Uh...I know we have an early morning tomorrow but Millie's staying at Noah's tonight and—" Before Sadie could finish her sentence, Jess's lips had crashed into hers. Together as they grappled with one another, they made their way to Sadie's bedroom where they slowly got into bed. They continued to kiss one another and Jess pulled away briefly saying, "Gosh, I missed you." Sadie then grabbed Jess's neck and pulled her in to continue kissing. Jess wrapped her arms around Sadie's waist and pulled her as close as she could as their lips met each other again and again, their breaths heavy and in sync with one another. Sadie broke away and said, "During those interviews, all I could think about was this." "Me too, Sades." Sadie bit her lip, their bodies still interwoven with one another. She said without thinking, "I love you, JJ." Jess smiled, blush filling her cheeks. She said, "I love you too, Sadie. So much." Sadie nestled her face in the crook of Jess's neck, the two laying there in complete bliss.