Chapter 20 - Reunited

The overwhelming pain seemed to swallow Sam like a giant bubble of sadness. The world around him became dark as he closed his eyes and gave in to the agony that was eating him up inside.

Sam opened his eyes and saw light shining through the curtains. He could hear the birds chirping and cars zooming past. Sam sat up and looked around. There was blood everywhere and the house was a complete mess! There was burned charcoal on the floor next to the open oven, the furniture was moved and there were pools of blood all over the floor! Sam sat up but something felt... different. He got to his feet and walked upstairs, following the trail of blood.

"What happened here?" He asked himself, not remembering anything from last night. He walked into his room and stood in the doorway, jaw-dropped.

"My room!" Sam yelled. There was salt everywhere, the walls had huge Sam-shaped holes in them and it looked like some sort of demonic ritual happened! Sam turned around and started walking downstairs, towards the kitchen in shock.

"I don't get it. How do I not remember anything?!" He asked himself, confused. Sam sighed and poured himself a coffee; Or at least, he tried.

"What?" Sam said as he tried desperately to pick up the kettle. This was not normal, his hand was going through the kettle! Sam tried to punch the countertop in frustration but like the kettle, his hand went straight through.

"Aaah!" He shouted, turning around and seeing Colby! Colby ran up and hugged him. Warm tears rolled down Sam's cheek as he held Colby tight in his arms.

"Colby! You're alive! You're actually alive!" Sam screamed. Colby pulled away from Sam, looking confused.

"What?" He said, "No I'm not."

"Of course you are! You're right here!"

"I'm not alive. I died."

"No, you are alive Colby!"

"Sam," Colby put a hand on Sam's shoulder. "I don't think I'm alive, I think you're dead." Sam froze completely. He was dead.

"B-but my family! My parents! They-"

"Will be fine." Colby interrupted, pulling Sam back into his arms. They stood there for a while until Sam calmed down and accepted that he was dead.

THUMP! THUMP! THUMP!

They could hear footsteps coming from upstairs.

"What's that noise?" Sam said. Colby just smiled.

"SAM!" A female voice screamed. "SAM! SAAAM!" Katrina sprinted down the stairs and leapt into Sam's arms, crying her eyes out. "Oh, Sam! I missed you so much" She said through tears.

"Kat?" Sam said holding her tightly. They all stood there crying tears of joy until eventually, Sam said something.

"Where's Jake?" He asked. Katrina pulled away and stood next to Colby.

"You tell him," She said.

"Jake didn't make it," Colby said.

"What do you mean?"

"We were all murdered, unfairly. But Jake, however, killed multiple people throughout his life, including me!" Colby said.

"And?" Sam asked, still confused.

"So, Jake is now burning in hell. He lives with demons, and he'll soon become one." Colby said looking down. Sam was sad but he understood.

"That doesn't matter though!" Katrina said, breaking the silence. "We have each other and that's all we need!"

"Yeah! We are finally together after months of being apart!" Colby exclaimed, sounding full of joy.

"Whoever said you only have one life, must never have died!" Sam laughed, lightening the mood.

CLICK!

They all turned around. Sam's parents were home.