Chapter 10

Akane Asha

Akane was curled up next to Dabi, who had found her crying a couple of minutes ago. He didn't ask her any questions but instead offered her comfort. When her sniffles dulled, he pulled the curtains open, letting light into the room.

"You want to talk about it?" Dabi asked, softly. Akane shook her head and nuzzled his neck. Dabi wrapped his arms around her and held her close. "Is it about me losing my quirk?" She hesitated but then nodded weakly.

"Every time I see you training with Iguro," Akane started. "I get worried that you won't make it past Final Selection."

"I'll make it past. And I'll be back annoying you before you know it. Okay?" Akane nodded again. It was a month since Dabi had started training and Obanai assured her many times that he wouldn't kill Dabi by accident and said that he was doing really well.

"Okay."

💮 ⛈ 💮

"Asha?" Kyojuro said. The Hashira were sitting down trying to figure out whether Akane was half-demon or not and whether Muzan really was her father.

"Hm?" Akane asked as she had a pen in her mouth. She was typing up things on the computer and writing things down. I do the same thing sometimes.

"Have you ever had seizures? Like your demon self trying to take over but your human side was fighting it?" Akane thought a moment. She could lie. 100% lie and say she didn't have seizures. "Kanroji gave us the idea."

"I hope I don't have the wrong idea!" Mitsuri exclaimed. "I don't want to sound like an idiot. Iguro! Do you think my idea is wrong?"

"Oh brother," Obanai grumbled, looking up from his book. "Just have Asha answer your question." Akane sighed and took her pen out of her mouth. She leaned back in her chair. A tuft of black hair caught her eye.

"Touya, honey?" Akane said, so sweetly it sounded creepy. Dabi poked his head into the room.

"Yeah?" Dabi asked, nervously.

"I suggest you run."

"Shit." Dabi bolted out of the room.

"I suggest you guys run too."

"How'd you know he told us?!" Sanemi shouted as Mitsuri, Obanai, Giyu, Shinobu, and Kyojuro ran out of the room.

"I've only had them when I was with him."

"Damn it Dabi!" Akane sighed as Muichiro, Gyomei, Sanemi, and Tengen also ran out of the room. She hummed as she continued her research, hoping they'd figure out that she wouldn't actually chase them. Dabi came back first and hugged her.

"Sorry," Dabi mumbled into her shoulder. "I thought you told them but then their reactions told me you hadn't and-" Akane hugged Dabi back and poked his nose.

"It's alright," Akane replied. "They were going to find out sooner or later. Whether from you or me." Dabi nodded and hugged her tighter.

"It was scary when you'd just collapse and start shaking."

"I know... I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault."

💮 Flashback 💮

Akane- 15, Touya/Dabi- 16

"Ane?" Touya asked, walking into the room. Akane hummed and sat up in her pile of blankets. "I brought food."

"Thanks," Akane said. Just before she grabbed the food, her demon self tried to lash out and stab Touya. She collapsed in the pile of blankets and curled up into a ball.

Let me out! Akane's demon self shouted as her human side grabbed ahold of her and shoved her down. I want to take control!

No! Akane's human side shouted. I won't let you hurt Touya! He's our best friend!

"Ane?" Touya asked. His voice was shaky. Akane flinched away from his grip so she wouldn't hurt him. She hadn't realized she was shaking. Her head hurt. Every inch of her hurt. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, she managed to stuff her demon self in the darkest part of her mind. "Ane...?"

"I-I'm okay." Touya frowned not believing her. She'd been having these seizures for almost two years now.

💮 ⛈ 💮

"Sorry," a little girl said. Akane and Dabi were taking a night off from helping and training. They were shopping at a nearby mall, looking for clothes when a little girl bumped into Akane's leg.

"Oh my god," Dabi said. "She looks like Ane when she was little!" Akane knelt in front of the girl. "I forgot how cute you were."

"Are you lost?" Akane asked. "What's your name?"

"Aiko!" the girl said. "I can't find my mommy." Akane scooped up the kid.

"Alright, let's find your mom then."

"Akane," Dabi said. "Did you hear me?"

"Yes, I did."

"She looks exactly like you!"

"Daddy!" Aiko exclaimed.

"Aiko?" a creepily familiar voice said. Akane and Dabi stiffened. Slowly, Akane turned around. Sure enough, Muzan Kibusuji stood a distance away from them. He grinned wickedly when he realized Aiko was with Akane and Dabi. "Ah. Hello, Akane. Dabi. I see you've met my daughter. I'll be taking her now." He walked over and tried to take Aiko from Akane but Akane stepped away from him while Dabi's hand went to the hilt of his practice sword. Dabi was quite skilled with it although it wouldn't be his permanent Nichirin Sword.

"Stay away from Aiko," Akane growled. Muzan laughed and put a hand on Akane's head. It was the familiar warmth of her father's hand. The one that was supposedly dead.

"Aiko, I see you've met your sister." Aiko looked at Akane with wide eyes.

"Big sissy?" Aiko asked. Akane hugged Aiko closer to her. "Why do you not like daddy?" Just then, Giyu appeared.

"Asha!" Giyu said, walking over to them. "We need you-" Akane cut him off by shoving Aiko into his arms and cutting off Muzan's arm before he could turn Giyu into a demon.

"I said," Akane shouted. "Hands off!" Giyu immediately ordered Dabi to go get the rest of the Hashira. Dabi did as he was told immediately.

"Is he your father?"
"Yes!" Akane ducked her father's strike and cut off his arm again. "Get my sister out of here!"

"SISTER?!" Sanemi shouted. Rokuta ran over and kicked Muzan's leg. "You've got a sister no one knew about?!"

"Talk later, fight Muzan more!" Akane looked down at Rokuta. "Can you get Aiko out of here?" Rokuta nodded and pulled Aiko in the direction Dabi had gone in. Shinobu, Mitsuri, Obanai, and Kyojuro were running towards them with Tengen, Gyomei, and Muichiro following behind. Eventually, after a long time, Muzan got away. "Agh!" Akane kicked the side of the fountain.

"Come on," Shinobu said, patting Akane's shoulder. "Let's head back." Akane sighed and followed the rest of the Hashira back to U.A. Dabi tackled her with a hug the minute she closed the door.

"Hey." She buried her head in his shoulder.

"You okay?" Dabi asked. Akane shook her head but let him pull her onto the couch where Rokuta climbed onto her lap.

"Hey, munchie. How you doing?" Rokuta played with the strands of hair that had fallen out of Akane's bun.

"Mm!" Rokuta said, putting his arms in the air. Akane laughed and tapped his nose. He pressed her hand against his face before she could pull it away and nuzzled it.

"You're so funny sometimes." Rokuta held up three fingers. "I know you're three." She pulled her hand away and ruffled his hair, only for him to capture her hand again. Aiko waddled over. "Hi, Aiko."

"Are you my big sister?" Aiko asked. Akane smiled gently and pulled her onto the couch next to her.

"I guess so." She combed her fingers through her sister's hair as Rokuta and Aiko slowly fell asleep after a long day. Tomorrow, Dabi would be going to attend the Final Selection...