Epilogue

Dabi and Akane Asha

💮 1 Years Later 💮

"Touya?" Akane asked. Dabi looked up from his book. They were sitting on the couch, spending some time together. She had let Dabi pick what they were going to do and he picked sitting on the couch and reading a book together.

"Hm?" Dabi replied. He noticed the worry in his wife's eyes. "Hey, what's wrong?" He shifted so that Akane was resting on his chest rather than his shoulder. Dabi cupped her face in his hands.

"I um..." She looked down. "You're going to be a dad." Dabi looked down at Akane. She looked so nervous.

"And you're going to be a mom." Akane seemed to relax when she saw her husband's wide grin.

💮 ⛈ 💮

"Daddy!" Sachiko exclaimed. Dabi stepped into the house and closed the door behind him. His daughter flew into the air to hug her dad. "You're home early! Mommy's in the kitchen." Dabi laughed and hugged Sachiko.

"Hey, kiddo," Dabi said. "How was your day?"

"Fun! I played with Rokuta, Kota, Aiko, and Eri!" Dabi smiled and carried his five-year-old daughter to the kitchen, where he found Akane.

"Hey, Ane."

"Hey, welcome home," Akane said while she stirred whatever she was making in the pot. She looked over with a bright smile. "You're home early. What's the occasion?" Dabi chuckled and wrapped an arm around Akane's waist.

"Can't I come home early every now and then?"

"I thought Akaza needed you?"

"Daki arrived to help him." Dabi kissed Akane's temple. "Besides, I missed you guys." The Ashas ate dinner and Dabi went to put Sachiko to bed.

"Can you tell me a bedtime story?" Sachiko asked. Dabi smiled and pulled the blanket up to his daughter's chin.

"Sure, what story do you want me to tell you?"

"How you and Mommy met!" Akane, who was by the door, laughed.

"You've heard that one more than a million times," Akane said.

"I like the story!"