FIVE

" Do you have a death wish..? "
episode 5

• • • • • • • • • • • •

Reki lent spare clothes, as well as his bathroom, to his friend, letting him get comfortable within the house. Mateo did so, using some of the liquid body wash in the shower to wash off before changing into the night clothing. It was just a simple t-shirt that was a bit oversized, and skateboard-patterned pajama pants. Typical clothing for the likes of Reki.

Mateo felt a little weird slipping into his friend's clothes. Was this normal? He's never offered his clothes to anyone, and vise versa. Until now, of course. He couldn't help but notice the lingering smell of his friend on the clothes. It was nice. Comforting.

He also used a bit of the ointments in their first-aid cabinets for his scratches before coming out. "This is cute," Mateo signaled to the pants he wore, teasing Reki.

"C'mon, don't be like that. My mom bought me those, okay?" He scoffed, giving his best excuse. "I laid out the futon for you. Let me know if you need another pillow or somethin'."

"Thank you," The tan male got comfortable in his sleeping area. "Good night, Reki."

"What– dude, are you seriously gonna sleep?"

"... Yeah?"

The boy groaned, facepalming in shame. "No, this is the perfect chance to stay up and share our deepest, darkest secrets or something! It's a sleepover, man."

"Was that your intentions from the beginning?" Mateo laughed lightly when he saw his friend nod his head. "Fine. I can stay up for a while longer."

"Good, because I've been thinking– how'd you get into skateboarding?"

"Ahh," he hummed, skimming his eyes throughout the bedroom. "My older brother introduced me to it. He's obsessed. I was practically forced along his little journey. I can't say I didn't enjoy it for a while..."

"But you said you took a break. Did something happen?" Reki had an innocent look of curiosity laced in his eyes.

Mateo sighed. "You remember that? Well, I had an accident. Broke my leg. I had to stop for a while."

"Your entire leg!?"

"Yup."

"How!?" Reki's upper half was leaning off the edge of the bed, his head practically right above Mateo's. "Did'ya fall off a cliff or something?"

"Lay down, doofus." Mateo laughed silently, pushing Reki's face away. "My brother and I can be... rather reckless when skateboarding. He went too far."

"Oh," Reki simply answered. "That reminds me of Adam."

"Yeah," the long haired boy was obviously uncomfortable now.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to insult you and your brother or anything—"