4: Principal's Permission

"You.... Are suggesting having a football team? Here... In this school?"

The old man behind the desk didn't look at all impressed. If anything he's appears to be more reluctant than before, blinking to Jungkook's request with a clear doubtful expression of utter uncertainty.

The blond nods, trying to maintain his focus on him and not to the hole against the wall that a few workers are trying to fix up from an angry student- Who thought it was a great idea to punch it after he got the slip for suspension.

Even this office is a fucking disaster, just like the damn school.

It was hard for Jungkook to even hear his principal properly because of the pounding noises the workers are making, the hammer feeling as though it's pounding against Jungkook's head by the abrupt noise.

How can anyone have a literal conversation in these conditions?!

The man with the grease coated lips from the pizza he devoured a few minutes ago only hums, adjusting his tie with his oily fingers and adjusts his glasses to look at the student.

Jungkook recognizes that look already.

A clear look of disapproval, he gets it all the time.

Here it comes.

"I'm sorry kid, but as you could tell this school wasn't like the one you went to back then," He ventures a hand to the office in a gesture, "Do you think these kids would even participate in sports?"

Well.... No, but it's definitely worth a try.

"Sports helps us in so many ways," Jungkook tries to plead, "It helps ease so much stress that these students could be facing in their lives- Shit it even has helped me-"

"And that ended up with you being here," He cuts in lowly, shutting Jungkook up, "Look, even if these delinquents of this school tried it, we have no funds to pay for sports. School has bad credit so not even a loan would help out. We don't even have fields and I'm sure you've seen our gymnasium-"

Jungkook sits up, "What if we have a fund raiser or something?"

The principal blinks at him once again, "You think these students wouldn't just steal the money for themselves than save it for a seasonal sport?"

Shit, this principal really thinks low of these students.

It's so ridiculous that it's even leaving Jungkook so awestruck by it.

No wonder the students are like this; They don't even have any guides anywhere to what they should and should not do.

Someone who believes in them.

Yet that didn't stop Jungkook's goal.

Mr. Kang wipes his lips with a nasty blotchy napkin and huffs, "Listen kid, I know you're trying to shine some light here, but a team is simply impossible. You'll need money for a coach, a field, uniforms, transportation for games, etc, you're looking at a big amount of investment for this, and to be honest here the students wouldn't put a dime for something like that."

There is a lot of money involved in this now thinking about it....

Damn, Jungkook really didn't think about that before until now.

Sure, he may have money but his parents are cutting him dry after his behavioral actions, so without a doubt he's just as broke himself as everyone here.

No, he doesn't want to give it up.

This is his only reason for literally staying in this school. He's trying to make it work for himself somehow.

If this doesn't work out at all, that's just a sign for him to actually drop out for good.

So with a heavy sigh, accepting the weight on his shoulders, Jungkook bows his head, "Fine, leave that work to me, but I need your permission for the team to run on the school name and your cooperation with helping me find a coach that can help us contact other schools for games."

This is it.

If he get declined, he has that drop out sheet ready in his backpack; Signed and ready to be given.

The man leans back against his chair, staring at the blond for a moment to figure out what is his intention here. He has never had a student so hung up on something in regards to this school, or even show an interest about it at all. New students tend to fall into the temptations of the walls, not taking a week before they stop doing their homework or cause trouble that's too much for the teachers to handle.

It clear to show that Jungkook is desperate at this point -which he is- for some last resort.

He wanted more than anything to drop out this school and disappear from the ends of this Earth, but something about seeing those little kids playing on the street just made him second guess this well.

Is this something he really wants to do?

Run away? Give up on his life instead of facing the consequences; which would the police brush off his shoulder?

If he runs away, he will never play football ever again. It was his dream to always reach the big leagues, and now because he can't get his act together he's going to quit that too?

No, he has to make things work with what he's got.

And this school is all he has at this point.

Principal Kang takes a way too long of a pause before letting out a heavy sigh, grimacing deeply, "That's a big responsibility there kid," He bellows quietly, running a hand through his greased up hair before letting out a nod in defeat, "Fine, but you're only going to be disappointed with the results kid."

And just like that, a bright light glowed into this cave of hopeless dreams. Not just a light, but something just began to blossom just like what did for Jungkook when he saw those kids.

His opportunity to make his comeback, and prove to everyone that he's not done.

He's coming back.

Even if no one believes in it.

Now he will have to just make fliers, make sure the poor excuse of a back lawn of this school is open and it doesn't have any holes to not end up face planted against it. Once the principal can find a coach, Jungkook can work on training the players- This will be great!

The sudden ideas cruises so feverishly in Jungkook's mind that he couldn't help himself from shooting up to his feet, bowing multiple times to the principal, "Thank you! Thank you! I appreciate this so much!"

And without even waiting for the man to say something back, Jungkook dashes out of the office in joy, apologizing quickly when he bumps into a body but didn't bother turning around as he rushes out into the hallway.

Not feeling Seokjin's eyes glaring to where he disappeared off to, letting it slide that he crashed onto him in his haste to leave and just walks into the office with a grimace.

Time to get scolded once again.

__________________
A/N:
Let's goooo!!!

This is making me rise up my love for football, it's been such a long time since I've played it :')

I PURPLE YOU! <33