Chapter 2 - The Insignia

"Talking"
'Thoughts'
*Time/Location*

*Early Afternoon - Alleyway*

???: "That's enough."

The voice caught Y/N and Subaru's attention

The voice caught Y/N and Subaru's attention. The voice appears to come from a beautiful young elf girl with silver hair.

Elf Girl: "Stop now and I'll let this slide. So just graciously give back what you stole."

Subaru: "What?"

Elf Girl: "The insignia that you stole. Give it back, please. Its important to me."

Y/N: "We did not steal anything from you, girl."

Elf girl: "Don't move."

The elf girl continued to stare down the two. Y/N unfazed by her while Subaru has a beaming expression and looked away from her gaze.

Elf girl: "See? You averted your eyes because you have a guilty conscience! Looks like my judgement was spot-on."

The elf girl approached Subaru and stared down at him who has a glowing cheeks.

Elf girl: "You know who stole my insignia from me, don't you?"

Subaru: "Uh, sorry, but I don't have the slightest idea."

Elf girl: "What? Wait it can't be. Did I really just come around the long way? Uhh... Puck help me!"

A small floating Cat appeared besides the girl. Puck caught Y/N's attention.

Y/N: 'That's interesting...'

Puck: "Well, I don't know where our thief is but I'm sure you can find her, Lia."

Subaru seeing this as a chance stood up taking a large breath.

Subaru: "You should probably hurry after her, miss. I could help."

Elf girl: "I'll have to decline your help, sorry. But thanks for asking."

The elf girl continues to leave them. Subaru still wanting to go with the elf girl turned to Y/N.

Subaru: "Hey man, can you help me convince her? I'll answer that question you have if you help me!"

Subaru was now forcing Y/N, who was listening in on the exchange. If he wants his question answered, he has to do what Subaru wants.

Y/N closes his eyes with a sharp tone.

Y/N: "Fine."

He approaches the elf girl with wide steps.

Y/N: "Hey, girl."

Reaching out to the elf girl which prompted the latter to turn around.

Elf girl: "Huh? What is it?"

Y/N: "I saw the thief you are looking for."

Elf girl: "Really? Tell me, please."

Y/N: "I'll tell you, if you let that man help you."