3

The room looked very comfortable, white shelves decorated the beige walls that displayed fine ores and grand weaponry for any onlooker

The room looked very comfortable, white shelves decorated the beige walls that displayed fine ores and grand weaponry for any onlooker. In the middle sat two elegant gold-laced lounge chairs, their pale cushion welcoming whomever to sit atop.

Taking the offer that the object had silently given, you sat atop the right side of the chair—the luminescent sunlight laying its beams over your bare legs.

Even though it was homey, the tension loomed in the air and your breaths still staggered at times. The strong ticks of the wooden grandfather clock reminded you of your place and that a superior was soon approaching to judge you and shape what your future will be.

"Hello!?" The loud voice of a young British boy spooked you out of your thoughts. His voice feigned deepness that wasn't there almost humoring a laugh from you if you were in any other situation.

You turned to the owner of the yell seeing a young blonde sitting atop the golden frame of the sofa, white socks planted on the cushion beside you. The idea that the boy was able to sneak up on it without alerting you was miraculous.

"Are you my new teacher?" His head turned with interest as he leaned his head closer to you in interest.

You laughed nervously, "Well, technically I'm not your teacher yet."

"Oh," he huffed out a breath, "but you'll be my teacher soon, right?" He rolled his eyes, "At least you're young. Not like that-"

"Tommy!" A beautiful woman with lavishing dark hair and an elegant mauve dress frowned as her dark eyes landed on the unprofessional position the boy was in. "Get off the sofa! If your father sees you..." she tsked as she walked up to him and only when just a few feet away she seemed to notice you, now standing in the woman's presence. Her unapproving grimace turned into a soft grin. "Ah, hello dear! You must be Y/n L/n."

She turned to the boy who had quickly shuffled down to sit atop the white cushion now as if he were like that from the beginning. "Tommy," her tone now dark, "go and get ready for dinner." He only nodded hurriedly before leaping off and dashing out of the room.

"Hello, Mrs. Watson. You have a beautiful home. Everything is so consistent and elegant." She turned to you with a soft returning smile her eyes shone with gratefulness.

"Thank you, darling. It took us a lot of effort to renovate it!" She started to whisper with a cheeky smile, "Although I must admit that it's too big, even for my taste."

Two loud voices passed by the entrance, their words intangible from their low tones. "It's quite crowded here, isn't it?" You spoke as you gazed in their direction before turning back to her, your mind running back to the handsome male you met earlier.

She brushed the matter off with a shake of her head, "Oh don't worry. They just delivered a new vase and they're transporting it to the hall." Her eyes widened with excitement, "It's such an amazing piece of art! There's just one on the whole continent."