5

"Thank you for showing me your studio Wilbur," your grateful grin beamed with your expression as the two of you walked out back into the hall

"Thank you for showing me your studio Wilbur," your grateful grin beamed with your expression as the two of you walked out back into the hall. "I should probably go now." 

He nodded understandingly, you had been talking for a while he was surprised that his mother hadn't passed by to check if the newly hired teacher was with him. 

"Hey, they probably polished the floors near the living room. Just be careful." He side-eyed you, a playfully judgmental smirk settling on his lips as they let out the warning. 

You scoffed, shaking your head at his tease, "I'm not that clumsy."

"I hope so." He hummed, his grin widening as you made your way to the end of the hall, "Anyway, I should find Tommy before we're called for dinner." 

The playful banter was nice; you let yourself be yourself. 

"It was nice to meet you, Miss L/n," with a cheeky wink he left you at the top of the stairwell before disappearing behind one of the halls. 

But why did he always call you Miss L/n? The last time you checked you weren't going to be giving him lessons. You almost laughed audibly at the fact that he was treating you as if you were older.

But now that Wilbur was gone everything had begun to settle in. Mid-step you stopped frozen on the stairs, the excitement came as sky-sprung electricity, you got the job! You were one step closer to Vienna, you couldn't wait to tell Niki.

You sprinted down the rest of the stairs, shoes kissing the feet jumpily from your eagerness. Joy filled your body, a shining grin on display if anyone were watching. Lucky for you there seemed to be no one around, no workers or any of the family members gave away any presence. 

The moment between the balance loss and the impact was one that had you wincing before the cry of the fallen treasure resounded through the empty entryway. Before your brain could even register the sound of the breaking glass, your eyes were shut tight and a million new knives fall softly over the polished floor. 

You froze, all but your heart remaining statue-like on the previously clean tile. When over, your eyelids fluttered open I see that the ground is decorated black, the color sprinkling the white of the marble.

You cursed, eyes widening in fear and head-turning rapidly to catch any possible witness. You didn't have to wait long. 

"What was that sound?" Kristen's voice echoed from the kitchen and it wasn't long before she rushed into the hall. The panic in her eyes shifted to horror as her gaze caught onto her newly bought vase, which shattered on the floor to the point of no recovery. "My vase!" She snapped up to you, "Y/n?" 

Anger woven into her tone, your panic only rose to lock you back into a frozen state. You looked down at the mess in shame. You couldn't help but feel like a child being scolded by their mother, she had a certain way that made you feel so inferior when being the cause of her frustration.