4

The hall corridors seem to loom on longer and longer as you traversed through

The hall corridors seem to loom on longer and longer as you traversed through. Ms. Watson, whose name you found out to be Kristin, quickly showed you the kitchen and offices in which Phil would usually reside. Wilbur and Phil had gone off to a meeting the older male had with an investor.

"This is Tommy's room. You will have lessons here and in the living room."

She kept silent after her instruction leaving you the liberty to ask, "And how old is your son?"

"He's twelve." She smiled at the thought of him. She was a second from continuing before her pocket started buzzing, catching both of your attention. Pulling out her phone, she grimaced at the name of the person who was calling. With apologetic eyes, she looked back up at you, "Excuse me, dear, I have a call I need to pick up. Just wait here for a second."

She left no room for further comment before she quickly disappeared behind the room's door. The room returned to its silent state from before, the occasional caws from the crows outside keeping it from becoming deafening.

Tommy's windows were adorned with dark red curtains which fit well with his navy blue painted walls. Much like the living room, on the walls hung weaponry but in a smaller size than those that were downstairs. In a corner, you could see a piano proudly standing despite its slightly smaller size but one couldn't ignore the giant family portrait that hung mighty above the instrument.

Phil and Kristen stood behind three children all at different ages but young nevertheless. Kristin dressed in an extraordinary plum and black gown and Phil was elegantly suited in black and emerald robes. The three children consisted of Wilbur and Tommy, people you could obviously recognize even with their tan and ruby-colored sweaters. But one figure you didn't recognize was the young bubblegum-haired child in the middle, maybe you just haven't met him yet, you'd have to ask. Studying the piece closer you admired the careful strokes that the painter had taken in order to enhance the hyperrealism of the figures. You could tell that they had obviously taken their time with the piece with its non-existent flaws.

Ms. Watson was definitely taking her time. You couldn't help but worry that she had forgotten about you, although you doubted it. Minutes continued to tick by with no sign of the lady and your hope for her return was slowly but surely diminishing.

Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to go find her.

You mentally debated the idea with yourself before deciding to go for it. You remembered how she had brought you to the room so it should be easy to find your way back.

-

God, these corridors never seem to end. The cream-covered walls made it more difficult for you to traverse through the halls of the floor. You had been too overconfident it was definitely a bad idea to try to traverse through the house yourself.

"Troubled?" You jumped and turned, eyes widened in surprise at the familiar male voice that spoke from behind. Wilbur's teasing eyes met your awkward smile from the realization that you had been caught looking for a way out.