Chapter 6 Max vs Adam

NO POV

The day of the fight had finally arrived. Not too far from the dojo was the old playground Adam had talked about. On the playground was a basketball court that was surrounded by a metal fence. The normally empty place was filled with dozens of teenagers, eager to watch the fight happen.

Miguel and Max stood near the edge, observing the crowd. Max was wearing a simple t-shirt and pair of shorts.

Miguel: Sure, are a lot of people here.

Max: People love a good fight, guess it's in our nature.

Miguel: You don't have to do this you known.

Max: You're right, I don't have to. But I really want to. Besides, it's been a while since I've had a good fight.

Miguel: Well then, no point in waiting around.

And so the duo approached the everyone. Heads turned their way as everyone saw Miguel and his strange new friend. From the crowd, Dmitri and Eli emerged.

Dmitri: Holy shit you actually showed up.

Miguel: Yeah didn't really have a choice.

Dmitri: So you're actually going through with this?

Miguel: I'm not, but he will.

He gestured over to Max.

Eli: Wait Max, you're fighting him.

Dmitri: While you do look more fit than most people here, you're still running into something you know very little about.

Max: Don't worry, I've seen Adam before, I know very well what I'm getting into.

Max walked off.

Dmitri: Where did you find him again?

Miguel: I don't know, he appeared out of nowhere.

Inside the basketball court was Adam Dudley, wearing a pair of boxing shorts, letting everyone see his muscles and tattoos. He gained an evil grin as he saw Miguel and Max and approached them.

Adam: Well, well, well, little Rhea showed up after all, and he brought his shitty lapdog.

Adam and his goons laughed, while Max only grinned.

Max: What a filthy mouth you have, looks like I'll have to break it.

The laughing stopped, Adam got up and approached Max and got right in his face.

Adam: Whattcha trying to say?

Max: That I'll be the one to fight you.

After he said it, people began booing in protest. Calling Miguel a coward for having someone else fight.

Adam: SHUT UP!

Everyone instantly quieted.

Adam: I can tell this dude can provide me more of a challenge than Rhea anytime. Besides you heard him, he wants to fight me. In that case, I'll just have to beat this little cocksucker into the ground.

Max: I'll try not to end this quickly.

Everyone left the court, leaving the two combatants. The moment the last person left, the gates were shut and locked.

Max: A little extra.

Adam: Just want to make sure you don't try to run away.

Outside Miguel, Dmitri, and Eli were talking.

Dmitri: On second thought, maybe it's better he fights inside.

Miguel: Don't worry, Max can handle him.