Chapter 12 Mercy Part 1

Travis picked up two metal rods from a pile of scrap as Max stood their calmly. The two stared at one another before Travis charged. He began swinging the metal rods like a mad man, although fast Max had no trouble dodging the sloppy strikes.

Max(thought): Just as it seemed, this man has no style. He is just attacking me at random, he's no different than the thugs I have beat up in the past.

Travis continued to swing at Max, but then Max grabbed the two bars, putting an end to the attack. He then delivered a powerful kick to Travis' torso, the homeless got knocked down on the ground as Max kept a firm grip on the bars. As Travis got up Max threw the bars away he got into a stance.

Max: Behold what martial arts can do.

He then dug his toes into the ground.

Max(thought) Flame Kata: Raging Fire

Max took off with great speed and slammed into Travis

Max took off with great speed and slammed into Travis. The man was sent flying as if he were hit by a car. Travis lied on the ground, unmoving. It looked as if it was all over here. However, the man managed to get back on his two feet. In his right hand he held a large shard of metal. He charged once more at Max, swinging the metal shard around. Once more, Max had no trouble dodging his attacks.

Max(thought) Water Kata: Seagrass Hold

As Travis thrusted the shard at Max, he stepped to the side and wrapped his arms around Travis's arm. He then flipped Travis over his shoulder before slamming him into the ground. Travis hit the ground with a large thud as his body went limp. Travis lied there like before, until he rolled over and got back onto his feet. Only this time he swayed side to side, Max could hear his shallow breaths. It was clear that the old man was getting tired.

Max: Travis Jaron, you may not be true fighter, but no ordinary man would still be able to stand after everything I've done to you. I have to hand it to you, for a man of your age you can take a beating. But now this is where it ends.

The engaged in combat once more. As they got into range, Travis slipped and fell forwards. Max reared back his fist, ready to end it all with one final blow. But that's when he saw it, Travis smirking. Travis's hand shot up, his clenched hand opened up in front of Max's face. From it, a powder came flying out and went directly into Max's eyes.

Max: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

(scene change)

Back at the All Valley Under 18 Karate Tournament, the event was about to start. People sat down as the dojos and their members gathered on the mats. An announcer took center stage and spoke into a mic.

Announcer: Welcome everyone to the 50th All Valley Under 18 Karate Championship!

There was a round of applauses. Back in the stands Moon and Dmitri sat down together, cheering on their friends. While Moon was happy to be there, Dmitri looked rather confused.