oh, circumcise my love for you

two boys sat closely under the moonlight, the dewy grass tickling their ankles as the younger of the two stared at the side profile of the boy who is too focused on his own world.

"now, you put your middle and ring finger with each other."

"then?"

"not like that, you-" namjoon scooted closer to seokjin, holding both of his hands and fixing it.

seokjin retracted his hand by shock and namjoon also retracted his, now staring directly at the blue eyes of the older.

"oh, i'm sorry i didn't mean t-" namjoon stopped when he felt a pair of hands softly poke his wrist.

"i overreacted, it is nothing." seokjin murmured looking directly at the swirls of brown and gray in the younger's pupils and blinked.

"are you sure?"

"yes, i am."

namjoon's hands fully swallowed seokjin's small ones as he fixed them and backed away to now mimic the way the older's hands are positioned.

the small flush of pink on seokjin's face went unnoticed by namjoon and he was glad he could pretend again that the small things the younger does for him does not affect him at all.

"all that for this triangle?" the latter moved his hands upward, a way to see the triangle from a different perspective.

namjoon held both of seokjin's arms and raised it higher, pointing it at the sky. he rested one of his hands on seokjin's shoulder and used the other to point at the sky, "if you align your hands properly, you will see the summer triangle."

"there's vega, altair and their bridge, deneb-"

seokjin intervened on namjoon's explanation, adding his own information about the asterism, "a bridge to meet each other once a year." he lowered his hands to see the three stars clearly when an idea came to his mind.

"do you," he hesitated, playing with his fingers in scruple, "do you want to see them closer?"

"sorry?"

"see the stars up-close?" seokjin repeated once more and stretched his wings, some of the feathers falling down to almost touch the grass that they sat on only for it to turn to white dust and be gone.

"how?" the younger questioned, skeptical about the safeness of what the other is suggesting.

"i would simply carry you."

"do you think you ca-"

"oh stop it with the many questions," seokjin finally stood up and hovered in the air, still waiting for namjoon to stand up.

seokjin held tightly on both of namjoon's hands, "tell me if you are uncomfortable and wants to come back down."

"yeah, sure." namjoon closed his eyes and let out an exhale, "i could do that." 

the moment where the wind hit namjoon's face was when he finally opened his eyes, refraining to look down and stared straight right above him.

he feels like the stars are just within his reach, just standing idly at his fingertips. and maybe, if they were just a little bit closer, he would be able to catch the dancing stars and take them away from their lonely place and give the love and attention that each of them deserves.

but he's only human and it is impossible for that to happen.

and oh how he wishes he could be anything other than a human right in this exact moment.

he caught a glimpse of the person carrying him. the stars behind him acted as a highlight to him, making namjoon wonder how lucky he is to exist in the same universe with a person as gorgeous as seokjin.

then finally, he saw the asterism he was so fascinated about ever since he was a kid. 

he still remembers vividly, two lovers who were tragically separated and were banished to the sky. but despite this, they were to be connected by a bridge every july and august.

"it isn't much of a tragic, isn't it?" his mom replied, the then little namjoon nodded, "i just don't get it, why can't they just be always together instead?"

"sometimes, not just in myths or stories but also in real life, two people gets separated. not because they wanted to, but because of their circumstances." his mom explained, "life doesn't always agree with what we want and plays a little with our lives."

"now, that's just cruel." namjoon huffed and closed the book both his parents had gifted him. it was taken by his mother and was stored in the shelf again.

"it's just how life works." tired eyes looked at hopeful ones, "but it's not an invite to give up immediately, view it as a challenge."

"a challenge?"

"yes! in that way, you would be more determined to defy each problems life gives you."

namjoon felt his feet touching the ground and he could only smile as the stars twinkled at him, almost as if they were bidding their good byes to namjoon.

"hey, seokjin?"

"yes?"

"thank you."

and for the first time since they met, seokjin smiled.