Chapter 1

James' POV

I remember it as if it were yesterday watching Lily giving birth to Harry, then shortly after her passing out, then never waking again, they asked me if I still wanted to keep Harry, and I said yes, of course, he's my son.

Of course, that was a year ago, so it wasn't too long ago, but Harry was soon to change one. I would take him to see his Uncles Sirius, Remus, and Peter over at Sirius.' Remus' house I heard from Sirius that Regulus might come. I haven't seen Regulus since me Sirius, Remus, and Peter graduated from Hogwarts, so that'll be intriguing.

//

The next day I wake up and get Harry fed and dressed, forgetting to get something to eat, taking Harry and myself over to see his uncles for his birthday; too bad Lily isn't alive to see our baby turn 1. My dating life hasn't been a thing because I still have my son to care for, and my wife passed last year, so I couldn't ever do that.

We hurry over it, just a 5-minute walk to get Harry into his coat, put him in his stroller, and walk over to Sirius' and Remus' house.

When we get there, we are greeted by Sirius and Remus.

"There you are!" Remus says, taking Harry out of the stroller and earning a laugh from Harry and me.

"We were starting to worry!" Sirius says, looking happily at seeing his husband and nephew together.

I take Harry from Remus, and the three men, plus baby Harry, hurry inside.

Inside was a half-asleep Peter on the couch.

"Oh, is that Prongs and the birthday boy!" Peter smiles and stands up to walk over to them.

Peter tries to hold Harry, but I won't let him.

"Go rest on the couch. You can hold Harry after you have rested!" I say.

Peter goes back to the couch and falls asleep immediately.

I lay Harry down in Sirius and Remus's playpen for Harry.

I go into the kitchen and get something to eat but stop when he hears a knock on the door; he turns around.

"I'll get it!" As I rush to the door.

Remus and Sirius were getting things ready for the birthday party, so they were busy. Peter was asleep, so I answered the door.

When I open the door, it turns out to be Regulus Black.

"Hello, Potter. I'm sorry to hear that Evans has passed..." Regulus says, looking down.

"It's fine, Regulus, and it was a year ago... Harry and I are thriving and surviving well..." I say, looking at the other boy.

"Please come in; it's quite cold...!" James moves out of the way to let Regulus in.

Regulus walks in and takes off his coat. He then walks over to Harry in the playpen. Harry starts to laugh and smile, which makes Regulus smile widely and laugh.

"He looks like you!" Regulus says, not looking away from Harry.

I walk over to them. "Harry seems to like you already!" I say, smiling.

"Ca-can I hold him?" Regulus asked, looking at me with his gray eyes full of joy.

"Of course!" I answer him smiling widely.

Regulus bends down and brings Harry and himself up. Regulus holds Harry and smiles even more expansive and brighter. This made me happy to see.

"He's so adorable I can see Evans in his face as I see you too!" Regulus looks from Harry to me.

Looking at Regulus holding Harry makes me think of a mother carrying their child.

Sirius and Remus walk out to Regulus, holding Harry.

"Aw! That's so cute!" Remus says.

Regulus blushes a light pink.

"Good to see you both!" Regulus says, smiling.

"It's good to see you too, brother!" Sirius replies.

"I'm sorry, but it looks as if Regulus is holding Harry as a mother would of their child! It's so adorable!" Remus sequels.

This deepens Regulus' blush a bit more, making his face look only at Harry's face, who was still smiling.

Regulus sits down on one of the chairs. I sit next to him.

"Now, James, don't try to make my dear brother become your next wife!" Sirius looks at him thoughtfully.

"I could never do such a thing to Lily..." I say, looking as if I was to cry.

"Good going, Sirius; it's been a year since he has lost the mother of his child!" Regulus raises his voice at Sirius.

Remus looks at Sirius and shakes his head.

"Are you okay, Potter?" Regulus asked me.

"Please, Regulus, call me James...and I'm okay..." I say, looking at Regulus.

"Okay..." Regulus gets up and puts Harry back in the playpen.

Regulus looks at me sadly, walks to the front door, and walks out. He then walks back in with a little black blanket that is fit for a baby.

"Is that...!" Sirius looks shocked.

"Yes, it is...!" Regulus says, setting it on the now asleep Harry.

"The Black Family blanky passed from child to child. I saved it for your child or possibly mine, but since it seems we won't have a child right now, I figure I give it to Harry...if that's okay?" Regulus says, looking back at the other 3.

Sirius and I say, "Of course!"

Regulus smiles a little, then sits down back next to me.

"Thank you, Regulus!" I thanked him.

"It's not a problem!" He says back.