Chapter 5

[a/n: Anything in single quotations means they are communicating in sign language]

Renjun's Pov

I woke up immediately as I felt my phone's vibration. After a quick glance at the sleeping figure near, I snuck out quietly. It's been a few weeks since I got a roommate but still I'm always scared shitless over getting caught. I can't help it, if it was Doyoung hyung I would even ask him to sleep in the same room with me so it being Jaehyun doesn't have any particular meaning.

I just like having company, especially at night. I just don't like being alone, it makes me sad and that's why I used to come back late before but after Jaehyun started living here, I come back early because I know there's someone going to be here. It makes me feel happy.

At times I'm late for work but at times I could be early and that is today. I did a quick check over everything, my phone, bag, car keys are all there. My clothes, hair, face, everything's perfect. Before I went out, I ran as quietly as I could to Jaehyun, as always his sleeping face deserves its own gallery.

Fucking Handsome!

I slowly leaned towards him and pecked his cheek.

Goodbye my future hubby!

I got inside my car and drove off to the company. Whenever I offer to drive for my colleagues, they're always put off by the idea of me driving, they still don't believe I have a driving license. I get it, you are afraid cuz I can't hear but I've a perfect driving license in my name which they should accept by now.

I work in the fashion business. The company where I work is the nation's best clothing line company. I had to go through so much to get into it, and when I'm finally there, the people had to make the most ridiculous rumors about me.

They say that I got in because of connections, the only person I know is Soobin and yeah he's the Ceo or whatever but we are longtime friends, I dare not use any connection, I'm here only because of my hardwork and talent. Seriously, these rumors are so nonsensical.

I parked my car in the empty space and got off. I messaged my assistant Karina to see if she's already here or not. She messaged back saying she's at the lobby. I told her to wait for me.

Karina, assistant by papers, but is a sign language interpreter, she helps me communicate with the speaking people. Sign language interpretation is not easy but she's capable enough as she possesses a good amount of fashion knowledge as well as good communication skills and is another longtime friend. One could say she learned sign language because of me and ended up pursuing a career with it. I'm glad she works for me and not someone else. It's difficult to trust anyone, not knowing when someone could be twisting your words when you want to convey the exact opposite.

It's easy to spot her, I just got to look for a girl with a model like figure and the purple hair that hovers everywhere.

She waves her hands at me, I wave back with a small smile.

'Here's all the files you asked for'

'Thanks'

'And here one frappé for you and one mocha for me"

'Thanks again,' I take a sip of my coffee 'The right amount of sweet is refreshing me up'

'Look at your 10 o'clock, that woman's skirt, so freaking short! I can literally see her buttcheeks'

'Seems like she's new, at times the fashion industry people don't actually know what's fashion'

'New to the job yeah right, but not new to the game. Look how she's seductively staring right at Hamin, that snake'

'Karina focus more where you're walking, you'll bump onto something'

'I mean we get it, this is a clothing company and you are an employee of the said company but like please have some decency and not flash your ass to everyone, so disgusting'

'Oh great the elevators are under repairs,' I sigh.

'Geez she's still continuing her slutty shit, oh goodness, nobody's gonna like her if she continues this on'

'Karina! Your language'

'Renjun chill, nobody here understands sign language anyway'

'You're forgetting there's someone else beside us'

Suddenly, I felt a hand on the small of my back, and another hand snatching my coffee.

'Missed me,' the person goes as he sips my coffee.

It's none other than Soobin, the Ceo of Premier aimée(this could be wrong, I don't speak french), and my high school best friend.

'Morning Karina-ssi, morning Renjunie'

'Morning Soo- I mean Sir'

'Ah there's something on your face, it's very distracting, can you do something about it'

'What is it, take it off for me please,' I ask for his help.

'What do I do, this beauty is so alluring, don't wanna ruin it' he lightly grabs my chin.

'Excuse me what!'

'Ughh go away creepo' Karina pulls him away.

Thank God she did, I swear my red face would've made him laugh even more than he was right now.

Soobin has always been like that so it's nothing new, but considering how he's my first love, him doing things like this still tingles a bit.

"What a morning, such a morning full of asses and flirting right and left, yuck" Karina shouts and signs in frustration, I can't hear her but it's obvious.

Jaehyun's Pov

"Yo.. He kissed me"

"What???" Jungwoo's voice loud questioning to what he just heard "Damn he's fast, man what did you attract, already kissing, the next step isn't far-"

"On the cheek when I was asleep," I immediately completed what I was saying.

"Far hella far, the next base is light years away"

"Dude he kissed without my permission, like obviously this is getting weird-"

"So who told you to keep being nice, I said before didn't I, ignore, completely ignore him, do not accept anything he gives, do not say yes to anything he wants from you, stay completely further away, he does seem trouble now"

"Arghh!! I guess you're right, I'm gonna completely stay away"

"Are you sure you can do that? Okay I suggest that you should distract yourself with something or rather someone so your whole focus would be on them and slowly-slowly when Renjun will realize you've feelings for someone else he'll eventually give up"

"Hmm.. distract myself, make him give up.. I gotta try again then or at least fake it until it actually works"

a/n: I'm not sure right now, but this au could possibly go longer than my other published ones.

Hope it's fun? till now?