Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Monday came too quickly for my liking. We arrived to school steeping out of Tahnee’s car, chatting away happily.

“So did you finish the revision task for biology?” Tahnee asked, adding to our blabbering conversation.

“Oh crap!” I slapped my hand to my forehead, “Now that’s another thing I need to worry about.”

“Yea and it’s not the only thing,” Tahnee stopped walking towards the school from her car and I followed her glare she was sending towards the science block.

I immediately recognised who she was glaring at.

“Tahnee,” I whined, yea, being a rich spoilt daddy’s girl did that to you. “You told me that you wouldn’t accept my decisions, but that you wouldn’t complain about them either...” I stated, staring up at her.

I had to look up to almost everyone apart from 7 year olds. Not literally but Mick was a whole head taller than me, and in PE lining up I couldn’t help but notice how everyone in the class was taller than me. No biggie, whatever.

“... Ok?” I pulled myself out of my unpredictable mind only to hear the end of what Tahnee had been saying.

“Um, sure. Just to be clear though, what exactly did you say?” I grinned towards Tahnee, with innocence filling my large hazel eyes.

“Ugh, just, just be safe ok? If your gut tells you something’s not right, then it isn’t.” Tahnee shook her head and headed off towards the building where our lockers were.

I walked over the bright green grass which had continuously been watered throughout this drought, and over towards Mick.

“Hey Barbie,” He had coolly said with a smirk playing on his lips and I remembered the time we had first met, down in the city. Mick’s first words that he had ever said to me were ‘Well that’s a pity. I think you might be lost Barbie, Malibu’s in that direction’.

“Hey, I have a new nickname for you too,” Mick’s eye’s surprisingly lit up when I had said this, and he stood up from the wall which he had been leaning on. “It’s dork.”

“Alright then... Could you seriously not come up with anything better than that?” Mick’s questioning was quite adorable.

“Well not really, I’m not good with on the spot type things. I’m not very witty like that.” I laughed at myself, flicking my newly-dyed blonde hair over my shoulder.

“Oh, and here I was think you had been thinking about me all weekend over that...” I laughed at that, knowing full well that I had been thinking about him most of the weekend.

Mick’s playful tone in his voice had managed to find its way into his eyes. They lit up like I had never seen before, and that was because he was letting his guard down.

He was so vulnerable, and well, hot. He ruffled his black hair at that moment, almost just to prove my point.

“We better go; the bell will go any minute.” I started to turn towards the clump of different buildings – the science block being the furthest out – when a firm hand grabbed me by the arm.

I turned to see Mick’s face staring intently down at me, not letting go of the grip he had on my arm. Yes, it was intimidating but I wasn’t afraid.

“Let’s skip.” A cheeky smiled found its way onto his pale face, and I could feel one starting to spread across mine.

“So those rumours are true?” I stated looking up into Micks eyes, still smiling. He didn’t bother answering, just a quick shrug of the shoulders letting me know he didn’t really want to talk about it.