Chapter 5

I was searching for a specific brush when I glanced at Jay on my back. He was looking around and amazement filled his eyes. When he turned to look at me our gazes fixed on each other.

Jay went near me while he was holding my basket. He looks cute with those. "Did you find the brush you've been looking for?" he asked.

I showed him the brush. "Yup!"

He smiled at me before getting the brush and putting it inside the basket that he is holding. "Is there anything else you need?"

I was about to answer when I heard a girl shout. "It's Jay!"

Huh?

"Shit!" Jay cursed beneath his breath before getting my hand and we run to the counter. "Why? Why are we running?" I asked while slightly panicking.

Jay gets his wallet from his pocket and pays one thousand pesos. He didn't even get his exchange because we run off to the carpark.

Just what the hell happened there?

Jay was still holding the basket which made me laugh. He looked at me confused. "Why are you laughing?" he chuckled.

I pointed to the basket. "You took the basket with you."

Jay looks at the basket and laughs. "Shit! I forgot!"

When we stopped laughing, Jay faced me with a serious look. "I'm so sorry about that."

"No, it's okay... but I'm confused," I said.

"You don't know that I'm an artist?" Jay asked in confusion and amazement.

My brows furrowed. "Huh? What do you mean?"

Jay smile. "I'm an artist. I appear on TV. That's it."

My eyes widened. "WHAT?"

Jay laughs at my reactions.