Chapter 8

Disclaimer: If you recognise it, surprise, I don't own it.

Chapter 8– Troga.

-----------------------------------

Alright, I am in the middle of this random island. No, it isn't random. This island is Troga, the island Garp has taken me to so that I can train, and my training has just begun.

Of course, my first objective is to make it back to the beach, but I have a much more pressing issue right now, which is my grumbling stomach. I hardly ate anything on the journey here, and when we got here, I ended up falling asleep because I got no sleep on the trip here either.

So priority number one is finding food, which I can then eat, ensuring that I will live to see the beach. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be too much around me that I can eat as far as I can see. If there is, I am not experienced enough to recognise it, having never been in a survival situation before.

My best bet now is to pick a direction and go foraging for food, but it makes no sense to just head in a random direction. I might as well figure out which way the beach is and go foraging in that direction. No point wasting energy.

Alright, if I remember correctly when we were on the boat, and we finally caught sight of the island, the sun was pretty much high in the sky. So when we beached, I think it was setting to the left of me, which means it rose to the right of me, and the sun always rises in the east.

So all I have to do is get a glance at the sun and see where it is and in which direction it is heading. by figuring that out, I can figure out which way the beach is as the sun rises to the right of it.

I look up to the sky, but it is entirely covered by the canopy of trees above my head. I can see sunshine escaping through some of the foliage, but I don't have enough vision to tell which direction it is coming from.

My only options now are to either walk to a clearing, which could take me forever to find since I am in a bloody forest, or I could climb the trees and look for the sun from the top. One will take some time, and the other will have more immediate results, and the trees don't look too high.

Sighing, I begin to look at the trees surrounding me, trying to find the one which will give me the most straightforward route up to the top. Unfortunately, it is turning out to be quite challenging, each one I look at seems okay, but I can't help but feel that there must be a better option.

At one point, I realised that I was just delaying and decided to climb an old tree. I can't waste time on stupid stuff like this, and I need to be more like Garp because, apparently, that mentality gets things done.

I go to the best tree I have seen so far and reach my hands out to grasp it. I chose this tree because it has the most hand holds, and the branches are pretty low down, it is a small tree, and once I climb it and get to the branches, I can climb the surrounding trees to get even higher.