Chapter 6

The door opened and Steve walked out. He was in sweats and a t-shirt. He walked up to my car and knocked on the window. I reluctantly rolled the window down. "Hey.." I mumbled without looking at him. "What do you need?" He asked. I sighed. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to come to your house I was just mindlessly driving. I'm also sorry about earlier it's not that I don't like you cause I do but I was mad at Nancy and I didn't think about your feelings. I'm really sorry Steve." I looked at him.

He was shocked to say the least. "Do you wanna come inside?" He asked. I smiled lightly. I rolled the window back up and got out of my car. I made sure to lock it then went inside with him. We sat on the couch.

"Sooo..." he started. "Why were you mad at Nancy?" He asked. I sighed and looked at him. "You really wanna know?" I asked. He looked at me blankly. "Obviously! It's stupid to be mad at her." He rolled his eyes. My jaw dropped. "And this is the last of our interaction." I stood up. He grabbed my wrist. "Wait! I didn't mean it like that. I mean she's your sister so why should you be mad at her. I'm just confused." He tried fixing what he said. I rolled my eyes and sat back down. "Our parents like her better. They don't care about me. Surprisingly enough the only one who does actually care about me is my brother." I said. I wiped my eyes before any tears fell from my eyes.

He hugged me. "I don't think that's true. When I was dating her a lot of what she'd talk about was you. She's talk about how proud she was to be your sister. She talked about how cool you were. At one point she had said she to be a little more like you because you can be smart and be popular the same time." He told me. I didn't believe him. What I'd he's just trying to make me feel better.

"You're lying." I mumbled. He sighed. He moved us to a position to where I was laying on him. He started telling me all the times she ranted about me. "The last time she talked about you to me is a few days before we broke up." He smiled at me. I was getting sleepy. He grabbed a blanket from the side of the couch and draped it over us. I smiled. "I really do like you Steve.." I mumbled before falling asleep.

- Nancy's POV

"I don't understand why she's mad at me. It just doesn't make sense. What'd I do??" Mike was sitting on my bed while I walked around my room ranting. "I shouldn't even be this upset about this." "I just want-" I cut him off. "But she's my sister. She was my best friend." I kept ranting. "Nancy I just wanted a pen." Mike groaned. I looked at him. I grabbed a pen and tossed it at him. "Ok now get out." I demanded. "You were the one who kept me." He rolled his eyes.

-Y/n POV

When I woke up in the morning it took me a minute to remember where I was. I guess when I fell asleep he took us to his room. I turned onto my other side and stared at Steve. He started stirring so I sat up. He looked at me and smiled a little. "Morning.." He grumbled. I smiled. "Morning."

"I should probably get home so I'll see you later." I told him. I don't think he really heard me though since he was so tired. I kissed his cheek before getting up and leaving. When I opened the front door Robin was standing right there like she was about to knock. "Uh..." I said awkwardly. "Hey..?" I smiled nervously. "Hi.." she said, probably a little uncomfortable.

"I'm just gonna go but.. he's asleep right now so do what you wanna do." I smiled before fast walking to my car. When I got in I sighed. That was so so so awkward. I drove home and snuck into my room. Honestly I didn't need to but I wanted to for the fun of it.

Nancy burst into my room. "We need to talk." She demanded. "It can't wait?" I groaned. "No because I need my best friend back. Remember when we were supportive of each other?" She tried reminding me. "Yea when we were like five. After that it was probably fake. Whenever you got into school there was no validation for me so I was always mad." I rolled my eyes. She looked surprisingly hurt.

"Just because our parents weren't proud doesn't mean I wasn't." She has tears in her eyes. I honestly felt bad. "Look I'm sorry Nancy. I was jealous. I mean look at you. You're absolutely gorgeous, you're smart, you were dating the hottest boy in school. You had everything that I wasn't able to have. I can't get A's on all my assignments. I can't pull off anything that you can. We just aren't the same and I was jealous." I explained. I sat on my bed. She looked at me sympathetically.

She sat next to me and hugged me. "I love you, Y/n. Nothing can change that. You're beautiful you just see yourself differently then other people." She told me. I laughed. "So what's the deal with you and Steve!?" She asked surprisingly excitedly. I sighed. "Nothing. The kiss was to make you jealous. I do like him and I think he likes me but other then that there's nothing there." I explained. She frowned. "I like Jonathan." She told me. I looked at her wide eyed. "That's great! You guys would be good together." I smiled.

Someone knocked on the door. "Come in." I called. Mike opened the door and stared at us both. "Uhh am I interrupting something..?" He asked. I shook my head. "No what's up?" I asked. "I was gonna say we should hang out and maybe bring Eleven with us." He suggested. "Yea I'm not gonna be the helper of you making out with your girlfriend who probably shouldn't even be dating right now." I sighed. "Wait. What?" He said confused. "Alright guess it's emotional talk now." I smiled. "Mike come sit with us." I told him. He closed the door and sat next to me on the bed.

"Ok so Mike. Eleven has been in a locked place for almost her entire life. Figuring out feelings takes time. She never learned what she was feeling. She didn't have a mom or dad to teach her about liking boys and things like that. Some times people should wait a little before dating and I just think that would be better for her. Now I'm not saying you should break up with her but I'm just saying she might not be ready for this." I explained. He looked like he was ready to scream at me.

"That's not true!" He exclaimed. "She'd know if she was ready and she chose to date me so she is ready for this." He was getting more angry. I didn't say anything. He stormed out of my room. I looked at Nancy. "Tell me I'm wrong though." I groaned. She laughed. "Well, you honestly have a good point." She admitted. "Gosh I wish he wasn't so sensitive some times." I laughed.

-
1257 words. Hi😭 I'm sorry for the absence. I've had a ton going on and I've been very stressed. I've been trying to figure out what to write about since I posted the 5th chapter so I was a bit unmotivated. I'm glad I finished it and I hope to have the next chapter out soon😭❤️