Chapter 4

Chapter 4: It Had to be Yellow Wolfsbane

After we found out about the dead pool, Kira got a text from Scott, he told her Liam was okay, but they found something. Another dead body, and whoever it was, was a werewolf. With that concerning news, Lydia, Kira, and I made our way downstairs. Malia and Stiles emerged from the basement. It seemed Malia had finally gained control of her wolf. After we told them what was happening, they helped us kick everyone out of the lake house. It was late anyway, so getting everyone out wasn't too hard. As the last person was leaving, Scott and Liam returned. Scott told us that Chris was back and that he was taking care of the body that they had found.

Once Scott got Liam settled, Lydia began to tell everyone about the dead pool, but I wasn't really listening. I was too busy watching Liam, who was sitting in the corner while everyone talked. "You okay," I asked, walking over to him, and he just nodded. I sat down next to him as everyone kept talking.

I watched as the others started to argue about something; I knew they were all stressed about the dead pool, and so was I. My name was on a list of people being killed. I started to think about it; my head began to spin. I didn't even realize what was happening until I felt Liam's hand on my arm; I looked down and saw my hands glowing and the glasses on the table floating. "Sorry," I stuttered as I turned off my powers, and all the glasses dropped back onto the table. The noise caused everyone to turn and look at me. I let out a sigh before standing up. "We're not going to figure this out tonight," I said. "We know this is only part of the list, and we need to know who's on the rest of the list. Kira and Malia can stay with Lydia and keep trying to find the other keys. Stiles and Scott, someone needs to fill in the Sheriff tomorrow. But right now. Right now, we need to sleep," I said. Everyone looked at me for a moment, "She's right; we need to rest," Scott said, and everyone nodded.

After my speech, everyone separated, going to try to get some sleep. Malia and Stiles disappeared into one of the guest rooms. Kira and Lydia crashed in another bedroom, and Scott and Liam ended up on the couch downstairs. And I slept on the couch upstairs.

~

When I woke up in the morning, I discovered that Scott and Stiles were already gone, and Lydia was already trying to find the other key, with Malia and Kira watching over her.

I wandered through the empty house, making my way to the kitchen. I peeked into the refrigerator only to find it empty. "Well, that's disappointing," I muttered to myself. "What?" I heard a voice behind me, and I whipped around, my hands glowing silver for a moment before I realized it was Liam. "Sorry," he said, realizing he had startled me. "It's okay," I replied. "Wait, what are you doing here? I thought Scott would have taken you home," I asked; he shook his head. "I think I was asleep when he left. He wrote me a note, though," Liam responded, holding up a piece of paper. "Ah," I nodded before I heard someone come down the stairs, I looked up to see Kira. "Hey, how's Lydia doing?" I asked, and Kira shrugged, "She's okay. I think," Kira replied. "You and Malia are keeping an eye on her this weekend while she tries to figure this out?" I asked, and Kira nodded. "Okay, well, I need to get home, my mom's going to be freaking out. Keep me updated?" I asked, and Kira nodded again before disappearing into the kitchen.

"You want a ride home?" I asked, turning to Liam as I walked towards the door. "Umm. Yeah," he said with a nod. "Come on then," I said, walking out the door and towards my bike. Liam just watched me as I put on my helmet and hopped on. "What?" I asked, flipping open my helmet. "Shouldn't I get one of those?" he asked, pointing to the helmet. "Trust me; if I reck this bike, you'll be fine. I, on the other hand, will be dead. Perks of being a werewolf," I said with a grin, and he just nodded before getting on the bike. As I started my engine, I felt him awkwardly place his hands on my shoulders. "Liam, I know you're trying to be polite, and I appreciate that. But if you hold on like that, you're going to fall off," I said. "Right," he muttered before wrapping his arms around my waist.