Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Then We Go Down Fighting

When I got home, I got a call from Stiles telling me what had happened at Eichen House, apparently, one of the orderlies was a serial killer, an angel of death to be exact. And he attacked him and Lydia. Oh, and come to find out Meredith was still alive. And it was likely she was the banshee behind the Deadpool.

After I hung up, I made my way to the bathroom and showered, and threw on a fresh pair of clothes. As I stepped back into my room, I heard a familiar knock on my window. "I thought you were with Scott?" I said as I opened the window for the blond-haired boy waiting outside. "He got a call, apparently Kira found Satomi's pack," Liam replied as he stepped inside my room. "And I asked if he could take me home before he went to meet them," he added. "Ah," I nodded. Both of us silent for a while, just standing there. 

"Hey, I'm sorry about yesterday," I heard Liam mumble after a while. I looked up and saw Liam looking at me. "It's okay, and I'm sorry too," I whispered. "Are you feeling okay after the bonfire?" I asked as I stared into the boy's blue eyes. "Yeah, I'm okay," Liam nodded. "Good, I'm glad," I smiled softly. 

 "Are you ready to talk about it, now?" I whispered, not wanting to push him. "I, um. Yeah," he muttered. I sat down on the window bed, and Liam did the same before he began, "I don't know how you guys do this. How Scott does this? He always helping people and fighting these things. And it doesn't seem to bother him at all. And I can't do that," he admitted. And I nodded, "My life has never been normal, I've known about the supernatural for a long time. But you just got thrown into this, and it hasn't been that long. You can't expect your brain to just magically be able to cope with all of it," I told him. "And besides, the Berserkers are some of the most terrifying creatures on the planet. Even the best-trained hunters are afraid of them," I added.

Liam let out a sigh, I wasn't really sure when it had happened, but Liams hand was tightly wrapped around mine, "Amaya, I" Liam began but all of a sudden, my phone began to ring. I looked at it and saw that it was Scott. "Go ahead," Liam said as I looked up at him and shot a weak smile before I picked up the phone. "Scott?" I said as I answered. "Hey, listen, we found Satomi and her pack, they're all beaten up pretty bad. It looks like a whole team of hunters are after them, and I don't think Kira and I can protect them on our own," he told me. "Are you asking for my help?" I questioned. "Yes, please," I heard Scott reply. "Where are you?" I asked. "At the clinic," he answered. "I'll be there in ten," I said before hanging up.

I walked to my closet, grabbed a pair of jeans and a flannel, and ran to the bathroom to change. Once I was done, I threw on my boots and my leather jacket and then headed to the window.  "Be careful," I heard Liam mutter, "I will," I smiled, before hopping out the window and off the roof before walking over to my bike.

~

It may have been because I speed, but it didn't take me long to get to the clinic. I darted inside and was met by Scott and Kira. "Kira," I said with a smile, and the girl engulfed me in a hug. "Is your mom, okay?" I asked her as we pulled apart. "She's healing," Kira replied. "Good," I nodded. I followed her into the back room of the clinic, I looked at all the people standing around, they all looked like they had been through hell.

"They can't stay here," I whispered to Scott. The clinic was too small and too easy for the hunters to find. And on top of that, I was pretty sure Deaton wouldn't be happy if we got into a fight with the hunters and recked his place. "I know," Scott replied. "I have an idea on where to take them," he stated. "Where?" Kira asked. "It's one of Argent's old buildings," Scott explained. He must have been talking about the warehouse where Kate had taken Violet.

Scott talked to Satomi for a moment, and then we quickly began to move everyone to the old industrial building. Kira and I rode on my bike, while Scott led the others on foot. It was faster that way.