Chapter 7

Jimin thought he'd be in the clear to sneak back in early the next morning, but he'd underestimated his best friend's noseyness and unending determination to know every detail of Jimin's (previously nonexistent) love life. He was caught before he'd even managed to get his shoes off.

"Well, I see someone had a good night," a voice popped up. Jimin groaned as Taehyung made his way around the corner, a shit-eating grin on his face. "Is this the walk of shame? I don't think I've ever seen you do that before."

"Hey, there's no shame here. I had a lovely night thank you very much," Jimin sniffed. He finished shaking his coat off and led the way to the kitchen. "I'm guessing Hobi-hyung isn't up yet?"

"As if. That man sleeps like the dead. Besides," Taehyung wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. "You weren't the only one who had a good night." He burst into laughter at Jimin's over-exaggerated gagging.

"Ugh, gross Tae, tmi." He shuddered dramatically, focusing on starting the coffee machine instead of thinking of his friends like that. Nasty.

Everyone always used to think that Jimin and Taehyung had at least experimented together before. Two best friends, both gay, and they'd been living together since they were teenagers. But the pair had always been strictly platonic.

Soulmates? Yes. Partners? Hard pass. Jimin had always thought of Taehyung as another brother, so imagining getting together with him is just- yeah, no.

"Not really, though, how was last night? What was up with the ski gear?" Taehyung asked. He had acquired a bushel of grapes from who knows where and was popping them in his mouth one by one.

Jimin blushed as he thought back to last night. "It was lovely," he repeated. Taehyung scoffed, rolling his eyes and throwing a grape at Jimin's head.

"Boooring," he groaned. "Tell me more. Was it amazing? Mind-blowing? Exactly what you'd always dreamed of and more? Or was it, like, kinda average and you're just trying to be nice."

Jimin glared at him and chucked the grape back. "The first three," he grit out. "It was perfect." He sighed letting his head droop as he poured his coffee. "It was perfect, Tae," he repeated. "He's perfect. And after tomorrow, I might never see him again."

He turned anguished eyes towards his best friend, whose face slid into seriousness as he took in Jimin's expression. "Hey, you don't know that. I never thought Hoseok and I would work out, but here we are. Two years later, and still together."

"Yeah, and it's torture on you both. You hate being that far apart. And you two weren't even exclusive until just a couple months ago when you decided to get more serious. I-" He broke off, pausing to blink back unexpected tears. "I don't want anyone but Jungkook."

"Oh, Minnie. You're in deep, huh?" It wasn't meant to sound condescending. Taehyung's voice was impossibly gentle. "You know, I- I've been thinking about this. About my end of the deal."

Jimin blinked at him, cocking his head to the side in confusion. Right, he'd made Taeahyung swear to ask Hoseok to move with them to Canada like he knew the two wanted. To admit that he really truly loved him, not just as a casual thing.

"I think, I think we should move here. To South Korea." Taehyung's fingers were twisting nervously, but his eyes were steely in determination. "I want to move here, and live with Hoseok, and be near my parents, and, and, and yeah. I want that."

Jimin stared. He didn't even move to take a sip of his coffee, he just stared, and thought. "You- you want to move?" he whispered. "Away?"

"Not from you!" Taehyung reassured. "Never away from you, Minnie. With you. I want us both to move here."