005

You kept your head hung low, still wearing Ken's kitsune mask as your brother drove back home. Noticing your rather quiet form, he speculated that something might have happened, "You good, kid?" Was the first thing he asked, but you just nodded wearily, "Just a bit tired..."

He really didn't think much about it after you said that. After all, it was only natural that you were tired. Your group of friends were a rowdy bunch, and that's saying something since he's friends with the Haitani brothers.

But then came your depressing sighs and your head that was hung low. It was then that he realized that maybe there was more to your spoiled mood than just fatigue.

"[Name]." He called out, no affectionate nickname, no teasing name. Just a simple call.

You hummed to let him know to continue talking and he proceeded, "Look, I know we're not the closest, but... if there's anything that's bothering you, you don't have to worry about it alone... I'm your older brother, let me share the burden." As he stopped at the red light, he turned his head to look at you with a soft, comforting gaze.

You looked back at him in surprise, not expecting him to say that after you told him you were just tired. But of course, his big brother senses were tingling.

Gently prying the wooden mask off of your face, you turned it around to stare at the carved and painted surface of it, keeping your eyes low, "I know, big brother... But it's nothing, don't worry... And the same goes for you... You can tell me whatever you want..." You finally looked at him with your bare face, a gentle smile resting on your lips.

"-even if it's just you ranting about how pretty Yajima-san is~" Your voice had a teasing edge to it, flustering the poor male as he tried to revert his attention back to the road upfront.

"Oh, zip it!" A peal of laughter escaped your lips, resonating in the car while your brother continued to drive, red in embarrassment.

A few minutes had gone by and by now you had toned down on the cackles, "But seriously though... She's so pretty! How'd you even meet her?" He grinned boyishly, almost as if he was waiting for you to ask that question.

"Buckle up, kid!! Cause this is one sappy ass story you're about to hear!"

-----

"Um, excuse me?" A feminine voice rang at the side of [Brother Name], alerting the male as he immediately snapped his head in the direction of the voice.

There stood, probably the prettiest girl he had ever seen...

He recognized her almost immediately. She was Yajima Yutori, an Accountings major, whom he always saw during his way back home on the train. During the dark times when [Brother Name] would worry about you and your health, Yajima was like a breath of fresh air in his dark world.

He really didn't have the courage to approach her, and even if he did, what was he supposed to say? That he liked her? Or that maybe he had a huge crush on her even though they've never had a single conversation?

Sometimes he wished he had Ran's charisma, because he'd definitely know what to do. Or maybe you would have helped him if you were here? Even if you wouldn't have, you probably would have been awkward and anxious while trying to help him.

Ah, he missed you so damn much...

In the entirety of his inner monologue, he completely ignored Yajima, who was standing nearby with a small frown.

Should she try to talk a bit louder? Her mother always told her that a girl should never raise her voice but at a time like this, she wishes she could speak louder than what she was taught.