Chapter 1

It wasn't too long when I first met him.

Korea. Year 2005. Grade 10. 

In this life, I'm a 15 year old boy.

I'm rather quiet. I keep to myself, and have no friends. No one notices me nor talks to me because of that. It's like I'm invisible. Though, I prefer it to be that way. Since I won't have to deal with drama. There is no drama worse than teenage drama. And I do not wish to be involved. So I do me and keep to myself.

I also don't get involved with anyone so I don't get attached. I'd get hurt all over again if I do. The thought of loving someone, I hate it. I'd have to face the consequences of watching them die. Then, I'd be alone once again.

I'd rather be alone than for that to happen.

But that all changed when he came into my life.

Outside my classroom, I could hear the bustling noisy students inside. I prepared myself before entering this battlefield. After slowly pushing open the door, I stepped inside. Not one person looked over. I wasn't surprised by this. This happens every day.

The classroom is filled with students chatting, throwing paper, and scuttling everywhere. The place is like a zoo. There wasn't a single student who sat at his or her desk properly.

On the way to my seat, I felt a paper ball hit me on the side of my forehead. I looked over my shoulder to see the kid that was throwing paper balls sitting on top of his desk, throwing the paper balls at people. He was cackling and giggling, he hadn't even noticed that he threw one at me.

Disregarding it, I sat down at my desk.

"Have you heard? There's an exchange student!" I overhear my classmate talking to her deskmate. I sit behind them so I'm able to listen into their conversation. This is a new conversation for them. They usually talk about boys and their boyfriends.

"An exchange student?" Jo Jaesang eavesdropped on their conversation. Jo Jaesang is quite popular throughout the school. Only because of how attractive and athletic he is, so the girls in our school go crazy for him. He's been with half the girls in our grade. He's quite a player. But a guy with his looks easily gets away with it.

The entire classroom went quiet after he asked that.

Beamingly, she shouted. "Yeah! I overheard the teachers talking about it in the teacher's lounge. They said he's from America. And get this, he's in our class!" She was loud enough for the entire class to hear her.

Everyone scurried to her desk, going crazy and asking her a bunch of questions. They were like a pack of wild animals. Ganging up at her desk and asking her all these questions.

I suppose I'm the only one who wasn't shocked by the news. Rather, I didn't care at all. I've encountered many exchange students so there's nothing surprising really. Though they do have interesting stories to them about where they come from. But other than that, I don't see the hype.

At this time it was already 8:35 in the morning. The teacher could be entering the class any minute now. Despite this, students still aren't seated at their desk. They're still torturing the girl in front of me with their questions about the new student.

As soon as the class door opened and the teacher entered, everyone scattered to their seats like cockroaches.

Teacher shouted, catching our attention. "Attention! Today we have a new exchange student joining our class. He isn't here yet but I'd like him to introduce himself once he arrives." She said as she walked to the chalkboard.