Chapter 2

Michael has been at this school for a week now.

He still bothers me and what not. Although we aren't friends, he thinks we are. Considering how he still passes me notes during class. He doesn't like to eat lunch with others if I'm not there. Instead of hanging out with people who are actually interested in him, he chooses to hang out with me. It does happen that he hangs out with those people instead of me at times. That's only because they push him to do so.

I don't understand why he still continues to hang around me. While I make clear that I don't want to be around him, he persists. Even avoiding him doesn't work. I don't want to offend him with my actions, but if I don't, I might end up becoming attached to him.

I walk into the school hallway, in the direction of my classroom. Out of the classroom window, I could see students crowded around Michael, talking and laughing with him. He didn't seem to mind their company. Much like he didn't know the whole class surrounded him.

Taking another glance at them, I enter the class. With everyone surrounding our desk it was difficult to get to my seat. "Excuse me. I need to get through." I tell everyone.

I keep repeating myself over and over, but they don't hear me. The only person who heard me is Michael.

He paused in the middle of his sentence. "Hey, can you guys let Minwoo pass. He's trying to get to his seat." Michael passes glances between me and the other students.

"Minwoo?" They mutter. They all turn around and stare at me dumb founded. Silently and awkwardly, a few people moved out of the way to let me pass.

I took a seat at my desk as I watched Michael chat with our classmates until the homeroom teacher arrived.

And just like yesterday, he passed me a note.

"You were actually serious. No one knows u huh?"

My eyes avert back from him before I write back. "Yea. Only teachers know my name." I handed him the note.

Upon reading it, he frowns. He writes back, "Sucks. If you want, I can introduce you to a few people. Maybe you can hang with them."

It's funny. Even after being here for a week, he's known throughout the school. While I've been here for half a year and I'm not known to any students here. I don't consider that as a bad thing. It's something I'm used to.

"No, I'm fine." I write back.

He puts on a small smile and writes back, "You don't want to hang out with them. What about hanging out with me? After school :)" He carefully passes me the note.

I wrote the same thing on the previous note. "No, I'm fine."

His expression went blank.

"Y not?"

"I'll be busy. I prefer to study than to go out." I write.

He looked relieved.

"Maybe next time then." He writes.

I read his note. "Next time..." I think.

12:10 P.m.

Classes passed by and it's already lunch. Michael is walking behind me into the cafeteria, where it is jam packed with students. "So many..." Michael mutters as we get our lunch trays.

People stare at Michael gape, as we go to the isolated table, where we sit. I'm not sure why they aren't used to him being here. It's like they're shocked by his presence each day they see him.