Chapter 4

It's taken us a few hours to get this project done. The interruptions made it longer than it should have been. I'm just glad we finished it. 

From this experience, I have not only learned that Michael is a total Nuisance, but he's also quite the procrastinator. I find that quite surprising, given that he his the kind of person to get things done.  

But I don't expect too much from him. 

I'd hate to admit. 

It's entertaining to be around him. 

He's an outgoing, fun person. 

Which is typically the kind of person I'd hate to be around. 

Though, it seems that lately my perspective on that has seemed to change. This view, however, only applies to Michael. I'd hate for it to be any one else. 

I wouldn't find myself hanging around a person like that if they aren't Michael. 

MONDAY, 8:00 AM

I wait near the school gate for Michael to arrive. 

Sure enough, he comes walking in the gate not even a minute later. 

"Minwoo?"

His eyes meets mine and he immediately spots me. "M-Minwoo!" He rushes to me as soon as he spots me.

His face brightens. 

"Were you waiting for me?" He asks excitedly. 

I cast my gaze downward and away from him.

"Well yeah. Isn't.. that what friends do?" 

Michael's smile broadens. It seems that my words made him happier. 

I hadn't plan on being this nervous around him. And now especially. Since everyone is around us and staring at us. Or, more precisely, at Michael.

I can't recall a time where anyone isn't staring at him. 

But that isn't the reason why I'm nervous. 

I look around at all the people that are staring at us. 

"We should start heading to class." I tell him as I begin to walk off. 

"Right." 

"So..." He follows beside me and puts an arm over my neck. "What did you do this weekend?" 

"Study." I say bluntly. 

His eyebrows drop. "Study?...That's it?" 

"Yes. That's it." 

He sighs deeply and leans in closer. "That's boring. You needa get out more and have some fun." 

"I prefer not to." 

"Why not?" 

"Going somewhere isn't necessary going to make me happy." 

"I can guarantee you'll be happy when I'm there." He sounds confident in himself. 

I watch his lips curl up and say, "You sound confident in yourself." 

His grin deepens. "Of course. When have I ever let you down?"

That is true. I can't recall a time where he has let me down. I do admire his confidence. 

I half shrug. "not a time I can recall. So, what place do you have in mind?"