Chapter 1

Arizona's POV intro
------------------
It's been 10 months since the crash and only now am I starting to get my former life back. I have a perfect baby girl and an immensely gorgeous wife and life is good.

Over the past 10 months I've been nothing less than awful to the both of them, Callie has done nothing but love and care for me and all the while I'd push her away and make her feel so small and alone. The truth is I wanted her, every day I wanted her to hold me and tell me everything was going to be okay and in the beginning she truly tried. I was so angry, yes at Callie but also at myself. She had no right to break that promise but we both knew there was a chance she'd have to. I was angry at myself because of the way I treated her, it was like I was possessed watching myself from the outside saying horrible things to my wife and not being able to do a damned thing to stop myself.

Then there's Sofia. My poor baby! The nights I'd hear her screaming for me and id lay there and ignore her. It broke my heart but I truly didn't care.
I didn't want my wife and child to be stuck with a miserable cripple, I wanted to die to free them from this burden I've become.

Callie's POV INTRO
----------------
I thought she was dead. I sat for four days with Owen waiting for news on them. I could barely look at Sofia knowing I'd have to tell her about her mama and daddy dying in such a horrific way. The relief I felt when Arizona and Mark were brought home alive was immense. I lay in Arizona's bed on her right side so as not to hurt her leg, holding her in my arms while she cried. I held her for hours until she finally looked up at me, I held her face in my hand and gently stroked her cheek sweeping away her tears with my thumb.
"Calliope, I, I, love you so much"
For me that was it, my heart melted and I broke down. She pulled my head to her chest and I wept. I wept at those words I thought I'd never again hear. "I love you too, Arizona" I managed to choke out after several minutes of uncontrolled sobs.

I lifted my head and gazed into those dreamy blue eyes with such longing. I missed her so much even though we were lay in each other's arms.

Little did I know this wouldn't last.