Chapter 5

Arizona's POV
-----------------
I woke up in the on call room with Callie fast asleep in my arms. 'I love this woman so much' I think to myself as I watch her sleep. 5 or so minutes later I hear Callie's pager beep and I silently curse whoever it is that paged her. "Callie... Baby wake up" her eyes flutter open. She must have been comfortable because she never sleeps through her pager. I gently kiss her lips and she responds accordingly and it makes me smile. "oh man, who's paging me" I reach over the side of the bed and grab her pager from the pile of clothes on the floor. "It's Hunt paging you to the ER but I don't want you to goooo" I stick my bottom lip out pouting and she smiles and kisses me. "come with me?" I lean back so I can see her properly with my brows furrowed. "Excuse me" I say having been caught off guard. "You said yourself that you want your old life back so nows your chance!" Callie turned on her heels and opened the closet pulling out a second set of navy scrubs. "Here" she handed me the scrubs and began pulling her own on. I hesitated but put my leg on and then the scrubs. There was something so comforting having them back on, they were like a second skin. I glanced at my wife to find she was stood watching me with her bottom lip between her teeth "you look so hot when you pull that face" I said without thinking. She walked over to me and said "you look hot that's why I'm making it, your ass just won't quit in those scrubs" we engaged in another passionate kiss and were interrupted by Callie's pager "Shit come on" she said giggling as she took me by the hand and led me out of the on call room.

Owens POV
----------------
Am I seeing this right? "Robbins! It's great to see you! Welcome back. Wait.. you're not even supposed to be here are you?" I look between her and Torres and they look at each other and smirk. I don't want to know. "Actually Robbins we could use you on this one if you're ready?" She nods eagerly at me and it makes me smile. "Okay come with me you two." They followed me over to bed 11 "7 year old male fell from a tree house. Multiple fractures. Suspected brain trauma and suspected internal injuries. Open femur fracture as you can see."

Callie's POV
---------------
I was feeling overly enthusiastic about this case, it'll be the first one in almost a year that I've worked on with Arizona! We kept sharing looks as we examined the young boy. Wow she's beautiful.

"We'll need to get him to an OR right away he's bleeding out" Arizona yelled over the monitors.
-----BEEEEEEEEEP-----
"CRASH CART STAT" "CHARGE TO 200! CLEAR" She was taking full control it was so hot. "Shit" she whispered under her breath. "Charge to 300 clear!"
-----BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP-----
Everyone breathed a sigh of relief and I shared a smile with my wife, she was in her element!

Arizona's POV
------------------
When his heartbeat stabilised we all took a breath and I noticed Callie watching me, I could feel the love radiating from her and I love it.
"Let's get him to an OR, Wilson call up and tell them were coming" I looked over at Callie "lets go" I couldn't hide my grin. Everyone took off at a steady sprint and I realised I was still in the same place. Callie looked back and I yelled "I can't run" she looked wounded. I felt wounded, it dawned on both of us that I couldn't keep up anymore she ushered me over and whispered "hop on" I grinned when I realised where she was coming from. I stepped onto the back of the bed and allowed Callie to put her hands either side of me and everyone resumed running down the hall, I felt like a complete idiot but I was happy not to be left behind. We made it to the OR and an excruciating 4 hours later we had fixed him up. I had sweat running down my spine and I felt weak. My prosthesis had begun pinching and it hurt to stand. Callie noticed right away and strode over to me pulling down my mask and lowering me onto the stool behind me. I pulled off my gloves and dropped them. "Arizona honey are you okay?" She sounded genuinely concerned. "I didn't even think, this is the longest you've been on your feet.. foot since the accident." i had my eyes closed to rest for a second when I opened them Callie was staring at me waiting for a response. "I'm fine baby" I said smiling softly. "It was totally worth it to be in surgery I've missed it so much" Callie smiled and kissed me. "Come on honey, let's go get Sofia and I'll take you home" I took her hand and off we went.

Callie's POV
----------------
This has been an amazing day. Arizona surprised me at work and we had the most amazing sex and I was there during her first surgery back. We rounded the corner to the daycare and collected Sofia. "hey Michelle, we've come for Sofia" she looked up and a smile spread across her face when she saw Arizona by my side. "Hey girl! It has been tooooo long" I smiled and left Arizona to catch up with her. I walked into daycare and Sophie shouted Mommy as soon as she saw me "Hey baby girl, mommy's missed you!" I scooped her up and covered her soft face in kisses and she began laughing in that cute baby way. "Momma momma!" Sofia yelled I turned and Arizona was stood behind me. "Hey big girl!" Sofia was struggling out of my grasp to get to Arizona. We laughed as Arizona picked her up "looks like a certain little lady has missed her momma taking her home from daycare" Arizona grinned from hearing that "Well momma missed getting her baby too" I smiled and put my arm around my wife's waist kissing both my girls then I walked them out.