Chapter 19: The Eye of the Storm

- The Odynhood Palace -

Neyla was able to get back on her feet hours after being defeated by Zeerox in an intense showdown. She's in her bedroom, staring at herself in the mirror with mildly damaged fur caused by electricity. She is determined to destroy her opponents more than ever. It's at this moment her personal informant's hologram appears on her desk from a holoprojector.

Imperial Informant: Your Highness, it is my unfortunate responsibility to inform you that hostile forces from Zootopia have invaded one of our six islands and are preparing to break through our most powerful defense, The Thunderbringer. Reports say Subject Alpha is aiding them.

Neyla: That deceitful fiend. I request Supreme Commander Archerville's presence at the courtyard.

Imperial Informant: I shall summon him to the desired place. One last thing...and of course it's some good news. We got the Reinvigorator for your father ready to be used!

Neyla gets mixed emotions from this news....

Neyla: At last, something that will bring back my father is procured by the Odynhood Empire. I'll...come and retrieve it personally from the labs.

Imperial Informant: The Reinvigorator will be waiting for you.

The hologram transmission ends and Neyla leaves her room. Several minutes later after obtaining the Reinvigorator, she enters a room where her father is kept. He's in a chamber that keeps his organs safe from degrading and his body decomposing. Neyla reaches his chamber with the Reinvigorator in her hand and orders everyone to leave the room...

Neyla: Leave...now!

The lab workers and all the imperial guards leave the room, making Neyla and her late father the only ones present in it...

Neyla: This is it...can you believe this father? This syringe here...is what will bring you back. But I cannot do that just yet. I won't do that. You don't want to be brought back into a world you thought I would reshape and bring balance to. I don't want to be the black sheep of our ancestry, to be shamed for not living up to their grandeur and nobility and most importantly to fail you. I don't want any of that. I did hardly anything to restore our broken world, a world where our society is divided by hate and bigotry that you and that unearthly creature caused! How do you expect me to fix all of this? I know how...the driving force behind this upcoming war must be destroyed. Sacrifices will be made but I will prove that I am still worthy to carry the name of our bloodline. See you soon, dad.

She turns around and starts walking towards the exit of the room with tears in her eyes. The lab workers and imperial guards are nervously standing outside the room, waiting for any orders from their empress. She opens the door and approaches the chief lab worker whom she hands over the Reinvigorator.

Neyla: Keep it in a safe place. Gryphonia's true ruler will not come back until we have won this war under my reign!

Moments later, Neyla meets up with Nero at the western wing of the imperial palace which is a huge courtyard with a row of pillars on both sides and a staircase leading up to Byron Odynhood's statue at the end of it with a nice look at one portion of Gryphonia's metropolis.

Nero: Empress Odynhood, I am delighted to see you make a quick recovery!

Neyla: I can't stay out of action for a long time.

Nero: You are not as flimsy as Project Zeta thought you were...

Neyla: It underestimated my strength. Supreme Commander Archerville, do you know why I've summoned you here?