Chapter 4: A Day to Remember

Caught between a rock and a hard place, Blake was forced to accept a disagreeable offer from his old "friend" Jack Savage in order to receive his money and secure safety for his love, Regina. The predator is on the hunt for prey....

It's been six months since the devastating attack on the ZPD and the city itself. The main hall has been reconstructed and it now looks like it was never attacked. There are many ZPD officers talking with each other in groups. The ZPD's most notable officer, Judy Hopps is seen walking in between the groups of police officers. She has been told to meet up with Nick there. She stops right by the receptionist's desk....

Judy: Where is he?

Officer Clawhauser: Looking for someone Judy?

Judy: I am supposed to meet with my partner Officer Wilde here at this time. Have you seen him?

The two officers talking nearby hear Judy's question....

Officer 1: I think I saw him walking into his office earlier.

Officer 2: That's right! He went to clean up his office before leaving work.

Judy: For heaven's sakes....he could have asked me to lend him a hand. Anyways, haven't you guys seen my ZPD badge? I seem to have mislaid it.

Officer 1: I am sorry but no, if you can't find it you may request a new one.

Officer 2: Well, I would help you find it but....I have a lot of work to do.

Judy just sighs frustratingly.....

Judy: What kind of officer am I without a badge?

Officer Clawhauser: Oh look! There he comes!

Judy turns around and sees Nick walking towards her from a distance....

Judy: There you are! I was about to go after you sly fox!

Nick: Hey there Carrots. Sorry for keeping you waiting here for a minute or two.

Judy: Please tell me you found my badge....

Nick: Well, I've got good news and bad news for you.

Judy: I am all ears! Just....just start with the bad news....

Nick: My car conked out yesterday which means you're gonna have to give me a lift to my house.

Judy: I said I want to hear the bad news first Nick....

Nick: You are not using your cute ears the way they are meant to be used.

Judy: What?!

Nick: Didn't you hear what I just said? That's the bad news....

Judy: Wait, are you serious? Isn't that supposed to be the good news? You know I love being with you so the more time I get to spend with you, the happier I will be.

Nick: It's always nice to hear someone say something like that especially if they mean it. But now, the good news. I've got something for you that you'll REALLY appreciate. A delightful surprise! Or maybe something more striking. It all depends on how you perceive it, Carrots. Are you ready?!

Judy: Is it what I think it is?

Nick reaches into his pocket and pulls out a blue box with ZPD's logo and motto all around it....

Judy: NO WAY! You found my badge?!

Nick: I've looked through my entire office to find this. It had fallen under my table.