14) ShiIta - hurt/comfort

Itachi has doubts.
Hurt/Comfort fic, feel free to skip if that's not ya thing !!

Shisui leaned his weight back on his hands, allowing his legs to dangle over the edge of the cliff of Nankano, not feeling the need to fill the silence between him and Itachi.

He looked over at the younger, who was braiding and unbraiding a strand of his hair, - A nervous habit, he recognized - and staring blankly ahead of him.

"Itachi?" He asked softly; he knew if he waited for Itachi to speak of his own accord, he wouldn't at all.

Itachi met his gaze, a look in his eyes that Shisui didn't quite recognize. "Sorry, lost in thought. Happens sometimes." He said, easily reading the older.

Shisui frowned at his response, "C'mon, Itachi! I know you better than that. Tell me what's up, maybe I could help?" He encouraged, putting an arm around the other's shoulders, leaning in close.

He hummed, thinking about the words, Shisui could tell he was, he always could tell with him.

"Shisui, do you-" He cut himself off, bringing his knees to his chin and wrapping his arms under them. "Doyouseemeasagirl?" He mumbled quickly, looking away.

Shisui paused, trying to see if he could figure out what he said on his own. When he found it futile, he asked, "What? I couldn't understand you," He didn't miss how it made Itachi tense up.

"Do you see me as a girl, Shisui?" He repeated, now looking back at the other.

'He looks as if he's about to cry.' Shisui noticed.

"Huh??? Of course not, Itachi! What makes you say that???"

"I don't know. I'm trying to be more honest about my emotions with you but I can't even explain them most of the time. It comes from nowhere and won't shut up" He explained, allowing himself to slowly relax in Shisui's embrace. Shisui thought about what to say for a moment, "I've never seen you as anything but you, it's okay that you don't know how to explain what you're feeling, don't feel obligated to." He said as he carded his fingers through Itachi's hair. 

"Thank you, Shisui."

"Anytime, Itachi."

WC: 345

Okay I'm like terrible at writing angst so sorry this is so bad T-T I've rlly been meaning to write more but have trouble with actually adding plot and not just a 70 word scene. I'm workin' on it, though :D

crossposted on ao3!! check it out >> https://archiveofourown.org/works/41898321

OR: icatchi and check out my series <3