SIX. the blond boy to her right

[ NIGHT CHANGES ]
chapter six; the blond boy to her right

[ NIGHT CHANGES ]chapter six; the blond boy to her right

Look, we all have different ways of grieving.
It doesn't always make sense.

"NATASHA, WHAT BRINGS YOU HERE?" Wanda greeted the redhead at her door with a smile the next morning. She was blissfully unaware of the anger Natasha held. The super-assassin intended on keeping Wanda in the dark...

For now.

"I just wanted to talk to you abou-"

"Pietro left the coffee grounds in the sink, not me." Wanda explained accusingly. "I've already had Stark and Steve fuss at me about it."

Wanda rarely used Tony's first name. The other Avengers assumed that it was resentment from everything that he and machines put her through, and no one blamed her for it. After all, both she and Pietro nearly died at his hand, and that was without mentioning Oleg and Iryna's fate.

"Not about the coffee," Natasha entertained the idea of a playful smile, but decided against it. It probably wasn't a good idea to smile before an important conversation such as this. "Just- can I come in?"

Wanda's face fell faintly before allowing the older woman into her room. Natasha didn't bother sitting down; she'd probably get kicked out in a moment anyway. "What's wrong?" Wanda worriedly wondered while folding her arms.

"I know about your little dispute with Catalina."

"Oh." Her caring demeanor switched to a ruder one in the blink of an eye. "Lemme guess, she snitched?"

"Wanda, we share a wall and the door was open. She didn't have to snitch, I literally heard both of you."

What the fuck do you mean 'she snitched??' I literally heard you?? You're not very quiet???

Wanda's eyes narrowed, and Natasha could see a flicker of red in the Sokovian girl's eyes. "If you're trying to read my mind, you're not gonna find anything different than what I just said. Why the hell did you yell at her like that?"

"I was not yelling! I was..." Wanda paused to think. "Speaking at a slightly elevated volume."

"Wanda."

"What? It was not a yell!"

"Wanda, you know damn well what I mean."

"It's her fault for being so damn stuck up! I mean, you've seen her, right? She's been here for, what, three days, and she's only talked to four people once. Probably trying to keep our paths from crossing." Wanda's scoff and eye roll infuriated Natasha, but she didn't need to start yelling and alert the whole compound.