20: Pyrrhic Defense

3rd Person. 

The Space Battle of Humbarine was turning in the Alliance's favor as reinforcements from other sectors arrive to secure their gains

The Space Battle of Humbarine was turning in the Alliance's favor as reinforcements from other sectors arrive to secure their gains. The combined Siren-Neuroi armada suffered heavy casualties upon the Victory and Imperial Class Star Destroyers as their firepower was too much for them to handle. Their twelve quadruple turbolaser batteries, forty dual turbolasers, retrofitted proton torpedoes, and concussion missile launchers thrashed their shields with overwhelming firepower and their armor began to give way. Aboard the Imperial First Class Star Destroyer Backbite, Admiral Cade orders his fleet to relieve the besieging enemy fleet on the planet. 

Clone Naval Officer 1: "Admiral Cade, Our fleets are in position."

Cade: "Concentrate fire on their battleships and carriers."

On the ground, The 322nd Youth Brigade suffered 25% casualties - one man in four killed or wounded - while inflicting thrice as many on the combined Siren and Neuroi forces. It was a slaughter as dozens were cut down or burned left and right in seconds. The Ultramarines wiped the floor of any Siren and Neuroi that stood in their way, killing in ways unimaginable ways. No amount of weapon or numbers can overwhelm them as they, along with the Blaze Troopers and the Incinerator Bezerkers turned everything into a wasteland. Live along the HoloNet news, Mankind took to heart as some religious people who ask for God's protection came in the way of the Ultramarines.

 Live along the HoloNet news, Mankind took to heart as some religious people who ask for God's protection came in the way of the Ultramarines

Coruscant Guard Ultramarine 1: The lives of millions and the galaxy hang in the balance brothers!  Failure is not an option."

Coruscant Guard Ultramarine 2: "Come on, aliens, show me what passes for wrath among your deluded species!"

The Ultramarines were a sight to behold as their enemies explode left and right and human warriors tremble before battle, their fear oozing out of them in nervous laughter and hands shaking on weapons.  They relished the moments before battle, as adrenaline surged in their blood. Both their regular brothers and fellow Ultramarines were unfathomable to the Emperor of Mankind. The battle was the focus, uncluttered by feelings or thoughts that did not serve the moment. There was a time for fury, a time to take lives like a reaper wading through the corn, but they were moments to be chosen and put aside like any other tool of war.