4.7 Selection-Part 1

It was time for the important championselection. It was nighttime, the students and teachers had all gathered in the big hall that was full of benches and was also now with a wide open area in the middle were the goblet of fire stood. Harry was a shadow panther, a big one, and sat on the outer rim of it where the big doors were. He sat between the Tables of the Ravens and Puffs, watching the errie burning light of the highstanding goblet.

Dumbledore was obviously not wasting any time and dramatically announced the glory and honor of the tournament as well as the prize money, and of course the beautiful award, before he went to the goblet to reveal the champions.

'Let's all calm down' Harry told himself looking to the ground, 'We did the best to intervene. The kids are all smart, talented, and fit is gonna be fine'.
'It's gonna be fine..', the thought slipped into the tense and cold-hot minds of the kids near him. They looked at each other, and some decided to huddle close to each other or hold hands; suddenly school seemed to be a monster and they missed their home at this very moment.

"From Durmstrang:" the first paper had flown out, the school of the north looked forward to hear who was chosen "Viktor Krum!". Durmstrang cheered, Viktor was one of the best! He could totally do this!

Igor smirked proudly, 'Viktor ma boy, you will make us proud'.
'Viktor Krum huh..' many eyes followed Victor as he made his way to the adults and disappear in the back.

Anticipation reigned once again as the next champion - either Hogwarts's or Beauxbatons - was spit out of the fire and caught by Dumbledore. He unfolded it, Harry looked at the paper and short relief flooded him 'That must have been someone from the girls school, they all folded their paper like origami'.
The ones from Beauxbatons who sat with Hogwarts and were next to him tensed.

"From Beauxbatons: Fleur Delacour!".

"Sister!"
Harry turned his head to a set of girls, a younger girl held the hands of the older girl. 'Sisters...' Harrison thought mournfully, this must be hard on them. Reluctantly, because she knew she could not back off anymore, Fleur gently brushed her sisters hands away and rose to go to the adults who congratulated her. Her Headmistress spoke encouragingly before gently gesturing towards the back. Meanwhile the younger sister, who was apperantly named Gabrielle and looked to be six years younger than Harry, was getting consoled by the other girls from their school.

"And now, what we and I especially have been waiting for, the Hogwarts Champion!"

"Cedric Diggory!"

"Neville Longbottom..?"
'Oh no...' the black panther ears went down, bright emerald eyes shrunk together as Harry turned to look at the other boy afraid. Even the usually rude Snakes had an expression that seemed to say, 'Were we mishearing?' or 'I beg your pardon?' or straight out 'WHAT??' like in Tom's case.

Harry looked at Tom, 'The boy I ordered to be killed as a baby getting selected for the tri-wizard tournament..? This boy is weak as a leaf he would die on the spot of a heart attack!'.

Harry shock his head. He rose from his butt and walked through the darkness to Neville who tried to hide behind others. With him were Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley.
"Neville what will you do??" Hermione leaned over the table whispering. Ron answered her, with the confidence that Neville needed right now, "Go for it obviously! Can you imagine what you could do with all that money? You could get anything you want! Anything you wish for!".

Harry's POV

I halted seeing that Neville's expression changed a bit. I can guess why, he was thinking about his parents. 'Ron Weasley you can be so absolutely stupid sometimes!'