Chapter 17

A/N was re-reading and realised i forgot to put in literally the most important chapter in the whole book like an idiot so this chapter is now very long 😭😭 i apologise

''I have to tell you something.''

Dexter wasn't exactly sure what to think when Odin said this, He sounded almost sacred. Of course whatever he had to say Dexter would try his hardest to understand. In truth Dexter had something to tell Odin as well so maybe he could use this opportunity to do the same. He knew he had to tell him before anything got too serious with their relationship.

Dexter nodded in response, signalling for Odin to continue talking. Although he could see Odin growing more and more uncomfortable as the moments passed, much unlike him.

''Um well, I never really came out to you properly..'' Odin hesitated

Dexter was growing more confused, but he was somewhat curious as to what Odin was going to say.

''Im obviously gay but also asexual...'' Odin said and quickly shut his eyes, wanting to avoid Dexter's reaction.

Dexter's eyes widened at the news letting out a small gasp.

Odin heard his Fiance's gasp and immediately began to think the worst, Odin had known he was asexual for many years now, of course he still experienced love and feelings for others but it was strictly all emotional for him, he never understood how people could find others sexually attractive. Of course he wasn't blind, he knew a hot person when he saw one but that's all it was. He knew he couldn't go through with marrying Dexter if he didn't know, yes he knew he was risking his relationship with the prince but he couldn't lie to him. When Odin heard Dexter's gasp he could feel his heart slowly sinking. He knew this was going to happen but he didn't think it would hurt this much.

Dexter continued to stare at his now almost heartbroken looking boyfriend, However contradictory to what Odin was thinking, Dexter's gasp wasn't of horror, nor disappointment but in fact the opposite. He was more relieved than anything else, Dexter felt much the same as Odin, he hadn't had the words to describe how he felt for many years but ever since coming out he decided to do some research to try and figure it out, also so he could try and explain it to Odin the best he could.

Around 10 seconds of silence had gone by at this point, Odin becoming more anxious by each passing second of silence. Odin lowered his head feeling tears threatening to fall but before they could he felt Dexter pull him in for a tight hug, placing numerous kisses on the top of his head.

''Your not mad?'' Odin said sounding somewhat confused

''What? Of course not gorgeous, why would I be?''

''I don't know, It's not really an ideal situation...for you anyways''

''Not at all love''

''But'' Dexter cut him off

''I'm actually relieved to be honest''

''Really?'' Odin said, finally making eye contact with the older

''Yeah, I was gonna tell you the same thing actually..'' Dexter hesitated

''Wait really?'' Odin said somewhat taken aback

''Yeah..''

Dexter pulled Odin in for another hug this time allowing the younger to cuddle in.

''I was worried'' Odin giggled

''I noticed love'' Dexter joked

''Shush''

''I love you''