Chapter 19

Soon enough Odin was standing outside Dexter's office door just like he was earlier that day, his nerves finally setting in. Although he knew Dexter would probably be happy he was there, he was still somewhat nervous that he was still in a bad mood. Nerves aside he knocked on the door and waited for an answer. Soon enough the door opened to reveal a somewhat dishevelled looking Dexter. As soon as Dexter saw Odin he lowered his head and didn't say a word. Odin knew he was feeling guilty almost immediately.

''I'm sorry..'' Dexter said, head still low.

''You're fine, c'mere'' Odin said and gave the older a hug

Dexter happily accepted the hug feeling his anxieties slowly go away.

''I'm really sorry, I shouldn't have done that''

''You didn't do anything wrong, your just stressed its okay''

''It's not fine''

''Babe''

''Hm?''

''Its okay''

Dexter finally accepted that he was forgiven and pulled Odin in for another hug while placing a quick kiss on his head.

''Let me help with some of the wedding stuff, I don't want you too stressed out okay?''

''Mhm''

''Did you get the signature?'' Dexter asked somewhat ashamed

''Your mum's getting it for me, she bumped into me when I was leaving here''

''Oh''

''Its okay love don't beat yourself up, we're literally getting married we're bound to have little arguments''

''True'' He sighed

The two spent a few hours in Dexter's office going over things for the wedding with Dexter being particularly clingy, still feeling bad about the situation prior.

It was growing more obvious to Odin just how sensitive Dexter could be sometimes, It wasn't something he was expecting but he did find it to be quite sweet, if not sometimes a tad annoying. He really did wear his heart on his sleeve when it came to Odin. Dexter wasn't like that with other people or when it came to his job but with Odin it was different. He felt comfortable with him, he was the first person he could actually relate to so it was safe to say he was fully comfortable with him.

''Odin'' Dexter broke the silence

''Hmm?'' He hummed not taking his eyes of papers he was working on

''We need to pick a colour''

''For what?''

''The wedding'' he laughed

''Ohh-, what colour were you thinking?''

They continued to deliberate on colours for at least half an hour, not disagreeing with each other but continuously changing their minds. Eventually they decided on a royal red colour white white accents, quite classic but elegant in their opinion.

They spent the rest of their working day doing some final paperwork for the wedding and then briefing it with the Queen desperately trying to avoid the king, not keen for his input on their day.

''I'm so tired'' Dexter suddenly stated as they walked back to the living area after seeing his mother

''It's only like 6''

''Hey I was very stressed earlier'' He joked

''That makes two of us then''

''I'm sorry-'' He said for what felt like the millionth time that day

''Stop apologising love''

''Sorry''

''Dexter'' he laughed

Before he could reply Dexter flopped himself on the couch and covered his face with a pillow. Odin did much the same and sat next to Dexter as they normally do on an evening.

''Ya know, you are nothing like what I was expecting when I met you''

''What do you mean by that!'' Dexter said jokingly, moving closer to Odin.

''Well to be fair, I was under the impression I was going to be working for you for who knows how long, I was expecting you to be scary!''

''Cmon I am not scary''

''You were to start with''

''How?''

''You gave me a 3 hour tour of this place, it does not take 3 hours to get around. It was so awkward love''

''I was nervous!''

''You were nervous?! I was the one meeting the Prince''

''I was gay panicking.'' he said somewhat ashamed

Odin laughed and kissed the top of Dexter's head, They spent the rest of the night reminiscing on past times and generally just enjoying eachothers company considering the stressful day they had.

A/N these last two chapters where kind of just a filler while I plan what im gonna do for the wedding, I do have a few ideas so hopefully it'll be nice, ill either split it up into a few chapters or do one big one :)