Chapter 4

I couldn't help but feel like Stan was up to something. He hadn't wanted to hang out in months. Maybe something was going on with him.

The rest of the week passed quicker than I expected. Cartman still hadn't told me what was bugging him so much. My mom didn't even notice when I told her I was spending the weekend at Stans. She never saw much anymore.

I packed my bag for the weekend, hoping that this would go well. I was stressing about getting ready and grabbing some last-minute things when Cartman texted.

I'm here, Joo.

Be right out, fatass; gotta check in with my dad before I go

Okay Jew

I rolled my eyes at my texts and went to tell my dad I'd be back Sunday night. He was drunk and mumbling about some cases at work, so I just left him alone. I guess some things never change.

I walked out of the door and slowly got into Cartman's minivan. This car was Cartman's prized possession; he kept it spotless and in perfect condition.

"Hey Jew, you ready to go to Stans?"

"Yeah, just hoping it'll go well."

"Oh, come on, it's Stan. What could happen?"

"I don't know; I feel like he's been acting weird lately."

"Thought that was just me; if I'm honest, last time Stan and I spoke, we got into a fight."

"Oh? I didn't know that. Did you fight about something in particular?"

"Nah, he said some hurtful things; I said some hurtful things, just my normal MO."

"Oh."

"Anyway, I'm sure he feels awkward about how things went down."

"I hope so; I thought it might be nice to be friends with Stan and Kenny again."

Cartman gritted his teeth, "Yeah."

"Cartman?"

"What Jew?" Cartman snapped.

"I wasn't trying to imply that I don't like spending time with you. You know that you're my best friend, right?"

"I—- what?" He said softly

"You are my best friend, Eric."

"Really?" Cartman mumbled softly.

"Yes."

"Kewl."

I giggled softly and turned on the radio. We sang off key to the radio until we pulled up to Stans's house. There were cars parked everywhere.

"I thought you said it was only gonna be us four?" Cartman asked

"That's what Stan said, but this looks much more like a party than a sleepover."

"We can just go home if you want?"

"I can't be in my house right now; maybe we can just see if we can find Stan?"

"Sure thing Jew."

"Come on, fatass, we better get moving before shit gets outta hand."

"We're on a weed farm Kahl. I think it's already out of hand."

"Okay, good point."

"Let's go, Kahl."