Chapter 10

Secora wakes up the next day with new 'reminders'. She doesn't feel much of them anymore, because she's so used to having them. It's been months since she was abducted, and no one has tried to save her. She's given up on crying, since tears won't get her anywhere. She's given up on screaming, because no one can hear her. She's given up on life, because what's the point if she's just going to be here anyway? There is no hope. She hasn't seen her mother yet, because she seems to only come when Secora's asleep. At that moment, she hears footsteps on the stairs. "Are you awake, Secora?" she hears her mother say. Even after everything she has done, Secora can't help but long for her mother to cradle her, to tell her everything will be alright. But that is a foolish hope, and Secora knows better now. "Yes, mother. What do you want?" she says. "I just wanted to chat honey. Is that too much to ask?" her mother replies. "After slicing pieces of my flesh off? Maybe just a little. I mean, it's not like it isn't normal for a mother to cut up her daughter and then catch up the next day, right? And it definitely isn't weird to hold her captive in the basement. And it absolutely isn't weird to fake your death and then kidnap her eight years later!" Secora says sarcastically, edging into hysteria. "Chill out, Secora. Not everything is about you. If you had learnt that earlier, you might not be in this mess." her mother replies cooly. "If I had learnt that? What about you? It's definitely not my fault I'm here." She replies. "Tsk, tsk, tsk. You never look at the bigger picture, only the smaller pieces. I think you got that from your father." her mother says, droning on. "Anyway, we kidnapped you for a reason. If you hadn't run away when your uncle was coming up the stairs, good escape by the way, you would know why we did what we did." "I can't tell you anything yet, but since you ran away, we had to make you believe in what we wanted you to. I need to trust you, Secora. And in order for that to happen, you need to trust me. Can you do that?" her mother says, with a pleading look in her eyes. For a moment, Secora's six again, with a bloody knee from falling off her bike. Her mother came outside and asked if she trusted her, and then put a bandaid on it to make it better. Secora is dumbfounded. She doesn't know what to say, so she nods. "Thank you, honey," her mother says, and then walks away.

            Ok, so apparently i only have 10 chapters completely written, so it'll be a little while until my next update. Anyways, thanks for reading chapter 10 of Murder Streak!!!