18: Lost and Found

A very long time ago, the Realm of Dreams had been full of music

The Dream Lord himself had made this music, creating wonderful Dreams and Nightmares for humanity to either enjoy or face.

He had possessed a beautifully crafted violin, a violin which he had been gifted with by an angel - the most powerful angel he had ever seen.

Dreams' duty consisted of guarding this instrument to the very end, protect it from falling in the wrong hands.

Cause in the wrong hands, the Dream Lords' violin only held destruction in store for anyone wanting to wield it.

Whenever he played this violin, the usually so quiet Dreaming would be filled with joyful and magical melodies, lasting for days in any listeners' ears.

It wasn't hard to see that this violin was the Dream Lords' most valuable and precious tool, along with his leather pouch full of sand to put people to sleep, a helm to symbolise his power and a red ruby to make dreams come true.

Unfortunately, these tools got stolen from him, being traded by a human magician called Roderick Burgess.

The very same magician who would trap Dream of the Endless in his cellar for a hundred years time, not ever willing to let him go.

After being freed at last, Lord Morpheus returned to the Dreaming, finding it crumbled to ashes because of his long absence.

By collecting the stolen sand, the ruby and the helm, his kingdom slowly renewed itself back to its full glory - and yet, another thing was missing.

The violin for which Morpheus yearned so much he couldn't think about anything else.

One day, he visited a woman going by the name Susie Lynn who possessed an instrument similar to his very own.

At first, he couldn't understand why, but then, the truth came to unfold.

Susie Lynn was none other than Passion of the Endless, Dreams' long lost sister who had lost her memories when going to the Waking World to rescue her older brother.

In fact, there were two other siblings of Morpheus never having been mentioned in all of his existence - Love and Solitude.

Due to mysterious circumstances, these beings had been banished by Destiny, Destruction, Desire, Despair and Delirium, not wanting those Three to be part of their family.

Dream himself, however, was very kind and helpful when it came to welcoming strangers - so, he took Passion with him and treated her as equally as he treated his other siblings, even humanity.

After her vanishing, his violin also vanished from the Dreaming and was never seen or heard from again, nor if it has been traded to Burgess' descendants.

It's been to this very day when Dream and Passion finally reunited, with Passion having absolutely no memory of her older brother and living as a human in the Waking World.

Together, they soon will embark on a dangerous journey to retrieve Morpheus' violin and keep it from wreaking havoc amongst the humans.

And maybe, they'll uncover a few secrets along the way.

Meeting new and old faces, learning more about themselves than they asked for.

And maybe, just maybe, they'll find you.

That's how this story finally ends...or does it?

__________

END OF BOOK ONE