○14

HYDRANGEA

Part-3

DAY 5

Mark left the previous day in a hurry. He didn't even wait for Donghyuck to join him and head to the dorms after practice. The latter asked if he was okay, but the boy just vigorously nodded and left, without looking back at Donghyuck's confused and questioning eyes.

Mark seemed to be caught up in his world.

What could have possibly gone wrong?

Donghyuck just said his former stage name...Haechan and just by the sound of it, Mark almost collapsed and started behaving oddly.

Did Mark hate him?

Did he hurt him unknowingly?

With all these thoughts in his mind, Donghyuck, with downcast eyes and a tense grip on the bag, walked to the doors of the studio.

There was Mark, focused and dancing his heart out to the beats. It was a different song, an upbeat one that the former selected for his solo performance.

'Solo, wait! I can also do one...b-but will I be able to?' Donghyuck's eyes lit up at the thought but quickly brushed it aside and focused back on Mark.

If gorgeous, passionate, lustful, exciting, and tons of such words had a face, it would be Mark and his alluring dance moves. From head to toe, every muscle, every gesture, and every expression was so perfect that Donghyuck felt like he was in a different world, without the constraint of time. Because when the music halted and Mark gradually came to stop, Donghyuck felt like he came out of that trance.

"Quit staring at him Hyuck. Look how red Mark has become, poor boy!"

Only then Donghyuck realized that they weren't alone, Taeyong was there too, with a scorebook in his hand to monitor all the dance performers.

"Shi- I"

"What the hell Hyung?"

Mark and Hyuck said at the same time, making the situation more awkward than it already was. Taeyong couldn't stop but smile at how flustered and shy they looked.

"By the way, after practice, come to Mr. Taehyung's shop. You have to select costumes and everything by today. We can't keep it for tomorrow." Taeyong said in a tone that could be described as soft but authoritative.

"Whyyyyy???...I feel tired after practice. Can you not do it for me Hyung?" Mark whined which is a new side of him to Donghyuck. It is extremely cute.

"Nope! Nope! I am not the one dancing and you have to do it before the other participants arrive tomorrow. We can't risk anything."

Taeyong has a point though. So without arguing, both boys agreed with him.

After the senior left, Donghyuck turned towards Mark, who was already looking at him. But the boy looked away as soon as they made an eye contact.

"Uhm..Hi.Hae-Donghyuck. Let's um..start with the practice, yeah?" Mark scurried away to play the music, a little too fast for Donghyuck's linking.