WHITE ROSE

(A/n: It's  a happy ending, probably a bit cringe at times but I promise, I got you💚🥺

(A/n: It's  a happy ending, probably a bit cringe at times but I promise, I got you💚🥺.)

A white rose, 

A white rose, 

as he likes to describe him. He is plain, and monochrome at a glance but ridden with colors unknown to the world. A sight, a moment that should be preserved in time.

Elegant and pure, Minhyung knows that Donghyuck’s discreet eyes are trained on him. A small smile threatens to break out, a gesture that might draw huge question marks on all the faces in the crowd.

“Since our differences are incorrigible and nonnegotiable in any form, hope to see you all tomorrow at the battlefield.”

Donghyuck’s grip on either side of his milky white attire tightened as his father, the king made the resolute statement. 

“Very well, prepare for it then, King Lee. See you.”

Minhyung didn’t like how Donghyuck’s face saddened, resembling a withered flower. He should be thinking about the war, about how his father agreed to it without a second thought as if this was what he was anticipating and expecting after generation-long meetings and negotiations, but instead, his irritation is on how these things are going to tragically end the secret world he has created with someone. 

As Donghyuck made his way back after the meeting, disregarding everyone’s company, his heart sank with each step toward his room. Dread and sorrow are visible on his face, his brother asked him the reason only to be dismissed as being under the weather.

He is helpless, who would pick up the pieces of his broken heart?

It is fairly a quiet night, but distant sounds of crickets and the pond in the backyard taunted him and mocked his impending doom. 

He closed the door to his room, wordlessly unlacing the suffocating corset and changing into a white dressing gown before climbing to his bed and pulling the covers up to his chin.