mustard is a color of diversity

That day, when even Triton was acting weird, Percy had known his suspicions could be true. As much as the thought shook Percy to his core, he knew to keep his emotions in check.

It was a little funny how he found out. The Fates must be laughing, god of blood, something in him whispered. But, the liquid that thrumed in his veins was golden.

He thought how come he was so pit together when this had happened. God of inevitability, that ancient part told him. It would hurt him forever if he does not allow himself to learn easy acceptance.

He felt no hot white anger, nor was his vision filled with red rage. He found himself oddly solemn. He felt pity for his father, his mother, his own mortal life that he had lost too soon. God of grief and misery, he was cursed to be a considerate man.

With a flaw like loyalty, how did the Fates wanted him to be the personification of such a domain? He would never manage to be selfish. Just like now.

That night, he ventured out of the palace. Atlantis was a sight to behold when the moon cast it's silvery glow on the surface of the vast sea.

He doesn't even try to, but he's already learnt to control his form.

Now, Percy sits on the shore, smiling bitterly. Some tears escaped his eyes and he wiped them quickly, reminded of Akhyls and her brothers. He furiously wipes them away.

The sea seemed to pull herself to be with him. Water lapped at his feet gently, the soft caress and the swishing sound was like a lullaby trying to pull an immortal under the trap of dreams.

With a sigh, he layed down on the cool sand. He stared at the endless sky. Their were no dark clouds, the moon glowed, Zoë's constilation, just by Artemis' side was the brightest one. "She's happy." The goddess told him.

Percy closed his eyes.

"She requested me to tell you this much, my huntress is proud that you, Perseus, will wield her sword for all eternity."

That made him sit up. "She did? What?"

Artemis studied him. Then, gave him a sorrowful smile. "Her spirit lives in the sky, among many heroes and some good warriors."

"You never lost her."

"Yes and no." She said, a bitter tinge to her voice. "My father doesn't let anyone meet the spirits of the sky. But, once every full moon, I can see her from far away. That much, my father cannot control, since I'm a part of the celestial world too."

"In ancient Greece, they would have told her stories to children." He muses, "Your's too with her."

Artemis sits by his side, watching the tides. "For now, only we can share her memories."

"It's not fair."

"You're right." She surprises him with her admission, "It isn't."

A comfortable silence washes over, and both of them sit in a moment's peace, witnessing their domain merge and break.

"If it were anyone else, I would have found a way to steal this domain and keep it to myself." The goddess says with a cruel honesty.

"I guess I should consider myself lucky." Percy chuckles nervously, running a hand through his hair that fall on his shoulders.

Artemis grins, her teeth are sharp and unnatural. It's the first time Percy is seeing an immortal with any sheard of mortality on them. "I think I can call you my friend."

"Really?"

"Yes. I've found you're different. You have your flaws, but that is something we all have."

"What did Zoë tell you?" He asks, his voice light and they both laugh.

"You are welcome to hunt with me anytime." She said. The sky has started to loose it's darkness. Apollo was waking up.

"Thank you, Artemis."

She is gone is a blur of silver and green, leaving a bow as a gift for his ascension and a symbol of her invitation.

Before Apollo can see him, he disappears into the ocean, taking the bow with him.

(Later, he will find a way to lift the curses on him. Later.)

He takes his mer-form and returns to his bed like he hadn't moved moved from there even once. A knock to the door and a voice informs him that the King had requested his presence at the dinner table.

Sitting on the chair, he feels the depths of the earth and he has a new knowledge. He can destroy the whole of his father's kingdom before he can even blink. God of tides and fault lines. He's just relieved to know he hasn't lost his touch to his parent domain like Dinoyses had. The part of his mind that keeps chanting the scopes of his power is put to silence.

The atmosphere is tense. No one knows that he knows. Percy makes no move to say the truth. He wants the god who won't meet his eyes to speak.

Poseidon makes an excuse that he has to drink as much nectar to heal faster. A terrible excuse.

Percy drinks the glass full of nectar. He wants the truth out of his father's mouth.

The second night, he learns to be everywhere at once. He fools his obviousness to the immortal family and he visits his many homes all together.

He's staring at the blue door of his mom's apartment when he realises he has to put some more work into learning to hide in a mortal shell.

He is standing a head taller than before, his skin is glowing, his hair fall on his shoulders with an unnatural darkness to them, his arms don't have that many scars, and he's just too less mortal. He can do nothing to hide right now, he's yet to learn a lot.

He knocks on the door. His mother welcomes him soon and by her eyes, he can tell, she knows.

That's good, he thinks, he won't have to explain a lot. He doesn't know if he could.

He crashes in her embrace and finally let's himself cry for all the reasons.