Chapter 2: Taufan finally revealed his secret!

After their meal, Gempa instantly called Ais to have their totally calm talk in the kitchen. "What was that?" Taufan questioned sitting on the couch, Halilintar sitting besides him. Both brothers stare at Solar expecting an explanation. "Ais kinda mentioned a sensitive topic about me." Solar shrugged going to sit on the couch opposite to them.

"Oh." Taufan responded. "You gonna go defuse the situation?"

"Nah, I have more important things to talk to you about." Taufan looked a bit surprised. "Me? This important thing better not be about vampire hunting. You know how much it disgusts me." Taufan already look on edge. Now Solar is sure he's not just paranoid. Something's up with Taufan.

"Why are you so disgusted by vampires dying anyway, they're literal monsters."

"Well they look human enough."

"We're getting off track!" Solar pulled out his phone and and quickly search for the picture. As soon as he found it he shoved it to Taufan's face. "Do you know who's the guy in green?" Asked Solar quickly. "Yeah that's my friend Duri. Why do you ask?" "Yeah what's with you today?" Halilintar suddenly said after being quiet for sometime. Solar stared at Taufan with something of a pity and also a little bit of confusion.

"Do you know what he is?"

Now Taufan look panicked. He stares down at his lap and started to scratch his hands unconsciously. It's obvious that he's thinking about something but Solar doesn't know what and it frustrates him. Taufan is shaking like leaf by now and Halilintar instantly try to comfort him. Halilintar wanted to say something before he was interrupted by his brother.

Taufan begins to say in a low voice. "He's human of course. What kind of strange question is that?" Solar stared at him in disbelief. How could he not know Duri is a vampire? Duri can't be that smart to keep his secret.

"Solar-"

"He's a vampire, Taufan!" Solar screamed. Both brothers looked shocked but something is off. Taufan looks nervous and is shaking. He looks down and hugs himself. "How do you even know that?"

"What's going on!?" Gempa stomps into the living room and instantly runs to comforts Taufan. He always know when his friends are sad which is sweet but sometimes, it can be a little too overwhelming. "Taufan? What's wrong buddy?" Ais following after Gempa holding a cup of ice coco. Gempa must've made it for him cause he feels bad for the lecture. Typical.

"Solar said that one of Taufan's friend is a vampire." Halilintar replied for his brother. "What?" Gempa turned to Solar, who by now is nervous himself. "Well I know who that vampire is. He's my brother." All of them are surprised now. That's two surprises from Solar in a row today. Even Ais looks shocked. "Why have we never heard of him?" Questioned Ais. Solar scratches his head. "Well he kinda got disowned by my family." Gempa was about to speak when Solar interfere him. "Now before you accuse my parents of horrible things, they did it for a good reason okay? Duri was turned into a vampire at fifteen and with how young he is, there's no way he can control his vampire instinct. He would've killed all of us."

"And your parents didn't even put any effort to help him?!" Okay, now Gempa really look mad. "It's what good for us and him! He's too naive and dumb to control his instinct! He would kill everyone around him and live to regret it!" Solar's silver eyes are now glistening with tears. He's been telling himself that lie since Duri was kicked out. He believed it at first, but he knows that his parents just hated Duri from the beginning and him being a vampire is a perfect excuse for his parents to kicked the innocent boy out without being criticised by others. He's lucky he's not the black sheep of the family like Duri. He knew they would've left him in the forest alone to be captured or killed by vampires if he's not good academically like Duri. He's lucky.

"Do you actually believe in that? I'm sorry Solar, I've really been trying to avoid topics of your parents but this is just outrageous! He's fifteen! How does your parents expect him to live alone when he's that young?!" Wow, Gempa don't even know this person and is already getting attached. He has to big of a heart in Solar's opinion. He gets attached to people easily and it's a disadvantage sometimes.

"I- I don't know! For all I know they wanted him dead anyway."

"Wow. I... I honestly don't know what to say..."

All of them are silent, processing what Solar just said until Taufan decided to speak up. "Well, I can guaranty that Duri is not dangerous. We've been friends for a couple of years now and he's nothing but the sweetest person I've ever met."

"How do you know that? For all we know he could've killed several people without any remorse." Halilintar said. Taufan glanced at his brother. "Yeah. Vampires are metaphorically heartless. Duri is nothing but a killing machine at this point." Solar added. He couldn't believe he would say such a thing to his own brother. If that's how Solar is when he knew his brother is a vampire, Taufan wondered what Halilintar's reaction would be like if he finds out he's one of them. No. Halilintar is different right? They have been friends for years! Maybe it wouldn't hurt if he try to tell them? Well...

"I know would that because..."

God, was Taufan scared. He feels like a fourteen year old again meeting his dearest brother and being in fear every day of them finding out his true identity. He actually feel afraid of his own brother. The person he looked up to. He doesn't want to feel scared. But he doesn't want to feel guilty either lying to his family that has been both but caring for him. He just wanted to get rid of all of his guilts and fears that he has for years.

"I'm a vampire too."

~ And this is where original author-chan ended since he/she had forgotten the plot and didn't continue for a while *)

/(ㄒoㄒ)/~~