04: Where are we now?

••One year later••

How does one disappear without a trace? Zayn did. It has been a year he ditched the country.

No one knew where he was. Not his best friend Shawn. Not his mom whom he was close to. Two months after he vanished she broke down when he didn't call her on her birthday and reported him to the police as missing.

An investigation revealed he bought a single journey ticket to Phuket. Then went off radar. He ditched his phone at the airport after withdrawing a lump sum of money. Footage of his last sightings shows him at the airport then boarding a plane. Afterwards it's grainy CCTV images of him at Phuket international airport wandering around, looking lost.

Harry had seen the footages of Zayn over and over. The ones of him looking lost haunts him and has been the results of sleepless nights since Zayn vanished. Zayn's colleagues had described Zayn as having a meltdown after Harry broke up with him.

Harry had tried to correct those reports as inaccurate. He'd been angry with Zayn and tired of his lies but all he was going to suggest to him was time out not for them to break up. He planned to stay at his mother's house. Zayn had thought the worst of the situation.

Or perhaps he's the one that thought the worst of the situation.

Hindsight was a bitch. Harry asked how he could have handled things differently that day. He wished he sat down and ate the meal Zayn cooked for him and then afterwards listened to his side of the story. His mother always said he jumps too quickly to conclusions. When Niall described the person Zayn had supposedly kissed the description fitted Zayn's ex and best friend Shawn.

He'd been blinded by jealousy to see Shawn other than anything but a sore thumb.

The identity of the person Zayn was seen smooching turned out to be his sister Gemma's husband who was Italian. Harry himself was always dodging kisses from the man all the time. Harry came to know about that when he visited his sister and her husband mentioned seeing Zayn and giving him a lift to a fish market the same time Niall had claimed to see him.

"Harry, are we going in or what?" Justin asked cutting Harry's train of thoughts.

"Yeah. Perhaps um, it's best if I go inside alone." Harry said looking at Zayn's mother house. They were there because Justin got informed by Shawn about a vigil at Trisha's house to mark the year without Zayn.

"I think its probably best I go with you to act as a pacifier. Zayn's friends and family hate you. At least they tolerate me because Shawn's mom is my mom's regular customer." Justin's mom was a hairdresser.

Harry ran a hand through his hair. It was a fact Zayn's friends hated him. Shawn the most. He flash backed to when Shawn had burst in his office.

"You're dead, Harry." Shawn hissed.

Harry had stood frozen behind his desk, and when his brain regained function again, Shawn had closed the gap and landed a punch on his face.

"Thats for hurting Zayn, you bastard." Shawn panted furiously, "How dare you accuse him of cheating when I've seen how you and your friend Niall look at each other. Whats going on there, huh? Zayn don't see it but I do. And I don't fucking trust you, Harry. Stay away from him or I swear I will kill you."

Harry wiped his bloody split lip glaring at Shawn as his own jealousy roared inside rearing to show itself. He didn't even paid attention to what Shawn said about him and Niall. He growled grabbing Shawn by his shirt and threw him forcefully against a filing cabinet and a fight broke as the two alphas fought about Zayn.