07: A happy ever after?

"Breathe. Keep it together. He is not here to ask your hand in marriage." Zayn did lunges to get himself to cool down as he waited for Harry. "Fuck I'm sweating."

He ran to the bathroom and cooled himself with a wet cloth, taking one more glance in the mirror before brisk walking to check on baby Isabella. She was having a nap and would soon be up for lunch. With green eyes, dimples and head full of brown curly hair, she was her daddy's mini me.

Zayn kissed her cute nose gently careful not to wake her. He could not wait for Harry to meet her, but first he wanted them to clear any bad blood between off the table before Harry knew about her.

If Harry wants them to give it another go, which he prays that would be the case, it had to be for the right reasons and not Harry doing right by her. He kissed her forehead for good measure and grabbed the baby monitor then went downstairs to wait for him.

12:28pm. Zayn cursed glancing at the time. "He is fucking with me." He said looking out of the window.

Harry has always been early by at least half an hour than the time he's expected. "Argh!" He squealed seeing Harry's car finally pulled up outside the house. He ran to the door, took a deep breath opening it not waited him to get out of the car, nervous but excited.

"Hey." Zayn waved at him casually like he hadn't been waiting.

"Hey, so sorry. I am late I know. Lunchtime traffic." Harry took quick strides to meet him apologising profusely. Today was a different day and his balls had dropped. He had the confidence to greet him with a hug and a kiss on the cheeks like old times. "Haven't kept you from doing something important I hope?"

Zayn tried not to touch his cheeks which were tingling from the kisses. "Don't worry I haven't really noticed you were late I was just watching something daft on TV trying not to doze off when I heard you pull up."

Harry smiled looking at him. Zayn was gorgeous as ever. "Still keeping up with your naps I see."

"Its not like I've got somewhere I need to be. I am unemployed and mom's at work. Im all alone. No one here but us." Zayn chuckled nervously.

Harry smiled at him appreciating that Zayn was putting out there they're alone.

Were they though? He'll soon find out.

They stared at each other for a minute before Zayn remembered to invite him in. "Where are my manners, come in."

"Thanks." Harry stepped inside, waited at the foyer as Zayn closed the door. "I brought you flowers."

Zayn bit his lip admiring the huge bouquet of red and white roses. Harry never bought him flowers before. He loved the gesture.

"Thank you. They're beautiful, Harry. This way." He led them to the lounge and nodded for him to take a seat. "I'll put these in water. Can I make you a drink?"

Harry nodded. "Tea, please."

"Alright, I'll go make that. Make yourself at home. Todays paper on the table if you want." Zayn pointed out then made his way to the kitchen. He'd bought the newspaper knowing Harry loved reading it to unwind than keeping up with the world. He placed the flowers on the counter, switched the kettle on, started on the tea.

"Fuck he look good." He mumbled to himself getting milk out of the fridge then grabbed two mugs and teabags from the cupboard.

"Still remember how I like my tea?" Harry teased coming to stand behind him.

Zayn nearly dropped the mugs, he didn't hear him coming. Harry always used to creep up on him like that all the time. "Can you walk any louder, Harry. You're nearly gave me a heart attack." He squeaked hand on his chest. "And yes I know how you take your tea thank you."