Friend or Foe-Xander

I plaster a smile on my face just as I round the corner to the front gates. I checked my cell for a call or emails and found none. He has dropped by unexpected and told my guard to give me a message. According to the contract we have, I still have three days with the prisoners on my land before he can take them. No one has violated the contract by committing a crime and all of them are accounted for.

When I see Mr. Slater he stands off to the side talking to the three uniformed men that he has brought with him. He flickers a gaze in my direction and pauses in what he was saying. He turns away from his group and marches toward me.

"All I have ever done was try to make things easier for you and your people. You leave me here waiting on you as if I don't have better things to do with my time" he shouts as he walks up to me.

He would do well to remember that this is our land. His stupid little voice holds no power here.

A growl rumbles up my chest at the blatant disrespect that is coming from him. I let Ceron come forth as he pushes our aura a bit. I smirk when I watch as he fights his head lowering. "You have no right to tell me what to do on MY land. So we'll to remember that we have a contract. You being here early violates it.

The scruffy man huffs as he gestures to me and throws a look at his men. I let my aura drop briefly since there was sweat appearing on his brow.

"You beast just have no sense when it comes to paperwork. Were you even able to read it? " he ask on an insult.

My teeth elongate in my mouth as I try to restrain the urge to bite his head off. We have never had a problem before this moment. However, he is making it pretty obvious that he has one now. "Oh, I could read it alright. Now, state your business for interrupting my day or leave. Before I get mad" I say as I threaten him.

"You get mad. You owe me. if it wasn't for me then you then none of you would ever see a piece of civilization. It is my help that give you the air you breathe" he shouts as he widens his stance.

Two seconds is all I need. Him and his men wouldn't even see me coming.

"You may get your chance buddy. First, we need to see what he wants with our mate" I tell him.

"I still have three days left of the one week stay for the individuals you brought here. Unless you are here to breach the contract. If so, then I owe you nothing" I threaten him. The reason he is here is because of the blood. It could be nothing else. As far as I know only four matches have been made for others finding their mates. The humans still haven't had the chance to visit the last clan for them to find their mates.

"We know that mates have been found. They should have been reported immediately and your side of the deal should have been fulfilled" I roll my eyes purposefully and watch as his face reddens.

"So be it" I say as I start to walk away.

Vanessa, would you kindly ask Doctor Snow to deliver four vials of our blood to the front gates. Make sure that they are packaged correctly for a long journey.

Yes, Alpha

"Your end of the bargain will be fulfilled in a few minutes. Demetrius no matter what don't let them onto our land. If you have to use force to stop them, then you are permitted" I say as I walk past him. I rub my arms over my skin as it starts to tingle. I have no idea what this sensation I'm feeling is but I know I need to get away from here.

"Docto....I mean agent. About the other matter we came here for" I hear one of the cops say.

"Oh, Xander. I forgot to mention that I have more information on your missing dragon." The way sentence has my feet pausing as I turn back to him. Anything he says could be helpful to getting Jefferson back. I still have the feeling that the same ones who took him took Julia. She doesn't deserve to be caught up in this mess either. She is one of us and it seems my mate has taken a liking to her.