JSDF Arsenal

The Japan Self-Defense Forces (Japanese: 自衛隊, romanized: Jieitai; abbreviated JSDF), also informally known as the Japanese Armed Forces and Japanese Defense Forces, are the unified de facto (and later Official as of 2014) military forces of Japan established in 1954. The self-defense forces consists of the Japanese Ground Self-Defense Force, the Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force, and the Japanese Air Self-Defense Force. They are controlled by the Ministry of Defense, with the Prime Minister as commander-in-chief.

The Japanese Self-Defense Forces is a technologically advanced and well-equipped unified military forces of Japan. In the modern era, the JSDF is a formidable military known for up to date military hardware and technologies to help safeguard the Island Nation.

However, in the aftermath of the Battle of Ginza and the discovery of the Special Region, the JSDF did not utilize the advanced equipment Japan has in its arsenal for its operation in the Special Region in contrast to their American counterparts. Instead the JSDF primarily employs a mixture of mostly outdated, Cold War-era weaponry and equipment, working in tandem with some modern equipment and vehicles in their operation within the Special Region of Falmart.

" Therefore, after considering the possibility of abandoning the equipment in the event of a retreat, it was deemed better to use the old weapons that had gathered dust in storage rather than the new generation of weapons that cost a fortune to manufacture.'"- One the primary reason for the JSDF to use outdated weaponry in the Special Region, depicted in Volume 1 Prologue of the light novel (based on Canon series, however there are few exceptions).

In 2017, the JSDF along with its allies were involved in the Hundred Year War against the Fire Nation, when this inter-dimensional Global Empire from what they now called as Earthrealm invades and attacks Japan, taking every single Japanese and Foreign citizens into their world as slaves, forcing Japan to use modern arsenal in contrast to their war against the Saderans in 2015-2016 and after the lessons they learned during the Arachid swarms.

On this chapter, we will feature the weapons that used by the JSDF during the Sadera-Japanese war of 2015-16 as well as the Hundred Year War in 2017.

INFANTRY

Reconnaissance troops of the JTF, particularly the Recon-3 during the 2015 Sadera-Japanese war

During the war against the Saderans in 2015-2016, the JGSDF troops were seen wearing old service uniforms specifically the Type-IV camo that used by the JGSDF on their recon missions, aside from the uniforms the JGSDF soldiers were seen wearing Type II Body Armor which was more effective against the primitive Imperial weapons, except with arrows since they were not outfitted with SAPI platings unlike the US, British and French troops, instead they use steel plating on the armor.